Job Description – Intern: Lab Associate
We are looking for a qualified Lab Associate to undertake a variety of laboratory procedures of technical nature. The position will work under guidance of our Principal Scientist in order to conduct tests and report findings. The ideal candidate will have experience in working with chemicals and is trained in safety protocols and procedures. The candidate must have passion and drive in order to progress the product forward with a strong attention to detail. The goal is to optimize lab process and procedures to produce a reliable product for our clients.
· Receive, label, and analyze samples as provided.
· Design and execute laboratory testing according to standard procedures, make observations and interpret findings.
· Conduct experiments under defined conditions using refined scientific methods.
· Organize and store all chemicals substances, fluids, and compressed gases according to safety instructions.
· Record all data and results in specified forms (paper and electronic) with accuracy and responsibility.
· Maintain equipment and perform necessary cleaning/maintenance.
· Ensure that all safety guidelines are followed strictly at all times and maintain a clean and orderly environment.
· Document and revise standard operating procedures.
· Assistance with period laboratory and office sanitation responsibilities.
· Perform daily nutrient and environmental checks in our Grow Room as needed
· Assist with plant care.
· Experience in operating electrical and nonelectrical laboratory equipment and potentially dangerous substances (flammable liquids, infectious bacteria, biohazards, genetically modified organisms, etc.)
· Knowledge of preventative measures and laboratory best practices
· Ability to follow detailed instructions.
· Excellent physical condition and endurance
· Working knowledge of MS Office
· Ability to work autonomously, and as well in collaboration with team members.
· Proven track record of process improvement and operational efficiency
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
· Working towards degree in Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry, or relevant field
Job Type: 20-40 hrs./week