AT YOUTHCARE: YouthCare envisions a community where no young person experiences homelessness, all young people can thrive, and the systems that oppress them are dismantled. YouthCare serves young people of many racial and ethnic backgrounds, abilities, sexual orientations, gender identities, and religious beliefs, and we seek a workforce that reflects that diversity.
ABOUT YOUTHCARE: YouthCare works to end youth homelessness and to ensure that young people are valued for who they are and empowered to achieve their potential. Founded in 1974, YouthCare was one of the first programs to serve runaway and homeless youth on the West Coast. The goal was to help young people find safety today and build a future for tomorrow. Over four decades, we’ve defined best practices and developed programs that are a national standard for excellence. Using a youth-centered approach, we ensure that young people experiencing homelessness ages 12-24 have the hope, skills, and confidence to gain long-term stability.
POSITION SUMMARY: Under the supervision of the Director of Human Resources, the Human Resources (HR) Coordinator provides administrative support to the HR team. This includes updating employee records, coordination of employee on-boarding, reconciling benefit statements, preparing check requests, the tracking of key hiring and onboarding processes such as required I-9 documentation for compliance, and assists with maintaining HR databases in ADP and Taleo/ATS; the development and maintenance of paper and electronic employee files, applicant tracking, and supports HR initiatives.
Human Resources Coordination:
- Personnel Files, Reports and Databases: Responsible for the creation and maintenance of paper and electronic employee human resource files. Assists with entering data into the agency’s Human Resources Information System (HRIS) ADP and Taleo ATS creating new employee records, updating existing records, producing reports.
- Performs customer service functions by answering employee requests and questions.
- Reconciles benefits statements.
- Conducts audits of HR programs.
- Assists with recruitment and interview process. Track’s status of candidates in HRIS.
- Schedule meetings and interviews as requested.
- Makes photocopies; mails, scans, and emails documents; and performs other clerical functions.
- Files documents into appropriate employee files.
- Assists or prepares correspondence as requested.
- Assists with Onboarding functions.
- Performs special projects for HR Director and other related duties as assigned.
- Maintains discretion and confidentiality in relationships with all staff.
- Maintains and updates standard operating procedures in HR – includes codifying changes to critical procedures.
Th is job description is not intended to cover every aspect of your job at YouthCare. We are a team that works together to meet the needs of our clients and every member of the team is expected to pitch in and help even beyond the specific responsibilities listed in this description.
- Administrative work experience required.
- Experience with data entry, excel, power point, creating correspondence letters and scheduling.
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with diverse stakeholders, including staff, applicants, vendors.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail; must be flexible in the face of changing priorities.
- Team-player who communicates constructively and engages actively, while also having the ability to be extremely effective independently. Takes initiative, self-starter.
- Must project a positive, proactive, collaborative, professional image at all times.
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response.
- Experience with the full MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point) and Adobe Acrobat.
- Commitment to YouthCare’s initiative to build cultural proficiency across the agency.
- Great passion for YouthCare’s mission and helping young people thrive.
- Computer software skills including Windows, Microsoft outlook, Microsoft Word.
- Initiative, creativity, reliability, flexibility, thoroughness
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with good quality spelling, grammar, and punctuation
- High integrity when dealing with a broad array of cultures and restricted and/or confidential information.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Must be able to provide I-9 supporting documentation for employment.
- Current TB Test.
- Successful completion of pre-service training as required by contracting agency. Training will include: New Employee Training, Cultural Proficiency training, CPR/First Aid and HIV/AIDS training, CSEC, and Right Response training,.
- Must possess a valid WA State Driver’s License and have the ability to drive.
- When driving YouthCare vehicles, you must possess a valid WA State Driver’s License; meet minimum safe driver criteria established by the agency and our insurance company.
- Commitment to YouthCare’s initiative to build cultural proficiency across the agency. Acceptance of a variety of lifestyles, behaviors, and cultural and spiritual practices.
Ability to perform range of physical motions, exerting up to 50 pounds. Lifting and carrying up to 50 pounds; standing, walking, sitting for long periods of time, kneeling, squatting, and stooping; running for brief periods of time; and go up and down stairs.