About Gray Television:
Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. Gray owns and/or operates television stations and leading digital properties in 93 television markets including the first or second highest rated television station in 85 markets. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
KGWN-TV is the dominant news source for the Cheyenne-Scottsbluff market. KGWN-TV is located in Cheyenne, Wyoming, a community along the Front Range of the Rocky Mountains. Cheyenne is home to F.E. Warren Air Force Base, the Capital City and Cheyenne Frontier Days the world’s largest outdoor rodeo
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
– Analyze weather data and prepare detailed forecasts
– Prepare graphics to support weather presentation
– Conversational On-air presentation
– Flexible schedule for severe weather scenarios
– Pitch quality story ideas for day-turn content report news stories for our news segments as an MMJ
– Post content to website and station social media platforms
• A bachelor’s degree in communication, journalism or related field
• Prior experience as a broadcast news Videographer, or MMJ will also be considered in evaluating qualifications.
• Great communication and people skills
• Competitive, energetic and self-starter
• Strong writing and organizational skills
• Enjoy a fast paced environment with a desire to win
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
◘ Interested applicants can apply online at https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings by searching the station call letters and attach your resume
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.