Rapid Word Collection Internship
When you don’t know the right word to say, what do you do? You use a dictionary! But today, translators in Vanuatu don’t have a useful dictionary to help them when they are trying to translate concepts in the Bible.
As a supported* Rapid Word Collection intern, you will provide valuable resources to Bible translations in Vanuatu.
Today, over 2000 people groups still don’t have the Bible translated into their languages! Wycliffe believes the Word of God can transform lives when people encounter it in their own language or form.
Whether you’re looking to earn college credit, explore missions for your future, or just make a difference in the world right now, we have a place for you!
God has gifted you with a unique set of passions and skills. So why would you settle for a cookie-cutter internship? Each of our internships is crafted to best fit your interests while meeting essential needs around the world. No two are alike!
“I wanted to do something I really cared about in a field where I would learn a lot, in an environment I’ve never experienced before. I wanted both professional and spiritual growth happening side by side. And that has been here! I love the relationships and connections I’ve made with other people.” —Elizabeth, 2019 photography intern
What might you do?
Every day is different! You will be part of a logistics team for Rapid Word Collection (http://rapidwords.net/), helping to gather thousands of words and phrases. One day you will type in data, gather words, and help with spelling choices. Another day you could sit down for coffee with a mentor, participate in a Bible study, and hang out during a game night with your team. You will learn some of the trade language of Bislama and hone your cross-cultural living skills.
This job might be for you if…
- You demonstrate the desire and ability to support corporate Biblical and religious goals and participate in regular work-related spiritual activities without reservation (Spiritual Bona Fide Occupational Qualification)
- You are at least 18 years old.
- You have an active walk with God.
- You are flexible and work well with people.
- You have completed your junior year of college or university.
- You have finished several linguistic courses, including phonetics, phonology, grammar, and culture.
It’s a bonus if…
- You have previous multicultural experience.
All you need to know:
- Dates: June to August
- Duration: 6-8 weeks
- Cost: Dependent on location and length of internship
- Application Deadline: 3 months before intended start date
For more information visit https://www.wycliffe.org/internship
*ABOUT SUPPORTED POSITIONS
Supported staff (missionaries) with Wycliffe Bible Translators USA are members of a faith-based organization. If you become an intern, you will receive training and helpful tools to raise a team of prayer and financial partners in ministry; the gifts given to the preference of your ministry account provide for your salary, benefits and ministry-related expenses.
If you have questions about this job, contact email@example.com.