Language Technology Specialist
What if you could help speed up Bible translation?
As a Language Technology Specialist, you will assist and train field linguists and translators to use available technology to work more efficiently in Bible translation.
Today, over 2000 people groups, 150 million people, still don’t have the Bible translated into their languages! Wycliffe USA believes the Word of God can transform lives when people hear it in their own language or form, and we urgently need you to join the team!
Job Location: Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire
Want to work in a different location? Wycliffe USA has many open positions located in Africa, Asia, Europe, Americas, and the Pacific! Even though this job is located overseas, you must be legally authorized to work in the United States as per U.S. employment laws.
Important Note: In becoming a member of a faith-based organization you will receive extensive training and resources in partnership development so that gifts given to the preference of your ministry account are provided for your salary, benefits, and ministry related expenses.
What might you do?
Every day is different! One day you might install and configure current recommended language software and train users. Later you could provide ongoing user support and guide language programs in technology use.
This job might be for you if…
- You demonstrate the desire and ability to support corporate Biblical and religious goals and participate in regular work-related spiritual activities without reservation (Spiritual Bona Fide Occupational Qualification)
- You love learning about new language technology and are able to assess its usefulness for a variety of situations.
- You are familiar with methods and techniques used in language development programs (or are willing to learn!).
- You have at least earned a high school diploma and have at least two years of computer experience.
- You are a good communicator in English and you are willing to learn a local language to best assist your team.
- You are fluent in at least intermediate French.
- You are a team player and enjoy mentoring or training others in software
- You are a problem-solver!
It’s a bonus if…
- You have worked in multicultural situations.
- You have worked in language programs.
- You have linguistic training and are interested in becoming a consultant.
- You are competent in a scripting language for use in data conversion or in extending other programs.
If you have questions about this job, contact email@example.com.
Ref ID: 31559a Paul