INTERNATIONAL OPPORTUNITY: Language Programs Manager
Working for someone is a job. Working with someone is a relationship. Come work with language communities and impact eternity!
As a Language Programs Manager, you would work closely with churches and communities in an active partnership to ensure the Bible translation project meets their needs.
Today, over 2000 people groups, 150 million people, still don’t have the Bible translated into their languages! Wycliffe USA believes the Word of God can transform lives when people hear it in their own language or form, and we urgently need you to join the team!
Job Location: Juba, South Sudan
Want to work in a different location? Wycliffe USA has many open positions located in Africa, Asia, Europe, Americas, and the Pacific! Even though this job is located overseas, you must be legally authorized to work in the United States as per U.S. employment laws.
Every day is different! You would organize and lead multiple language program teams, helping them develop strategic plans for goals, budgets, organizational management, team care and more. Another day you would liaison with local stakeholders, help teams write quarterly and annual reports, and mentor new team members.
This job might be for you if…
- You value working with the community rather than simply for the community, developing the capacity of local institutions.
- You have earned a four-year degree in a related field, such as international relations, community development etc.
- You are comfortable using a computer and MS Office.
- You are passionate about language development!
- You are flexible, patient, and enjoy teaching others in a cross-cultural setting.
- You have some experience in project management in an NGO, non-profit or language or community development situation.
It’s a bonus if….
- You have some training in Linguistics, Sociolinguistics, MLE, Literacy, Translation, Ethno Arts, anthropology, Scripture Use, or Vernacular Media, etc.
In becoming a member of a faith-based organization, you will receive extensive training and resources in partnership development so that gifts given to the preference of your ministry account are provided for your salary, benefits, and ministry related expenses.
If you have questions about this job, contact email@example.com.
Pos ID: 53965 REF ID: 28252a Paul