Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. But teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime.
As a Finance Mentor, you will be teaching Congolese men and women to “fish” using your finance and accounting skills.
Today, over 2000 people groups, 150 million people, still don’t have the Bible translated into their languages! Wycliffe USA believes the Word of God can transform lives when people hear it in their own language or form, and we urgently need you to join the team!
Job Location: Democratic Republic of Congo
Want to work in a different location? Wycliffe USA has many open positions located in Africa, Asia, Europe, Americas, and the Pacific! Even though this job is located overseas, you must be legally authorized to work in the United States as per U.S. employment laws.
In becoming a member of a faith-based organization, you will receive extensive training and resources in partnership development so that gifts given to the preference of your ministry account are provided for your salary, benefits, and ministry related expenses.
What Might you Do?
Every day is different! One day you might help Congolese colleagues with verification and entry of transaction details. Later you could ensure that decisions about upcoming project expenses are guided by annual plans and budgets.
This job might be for you if…
- You demonstrate the desire and ability to support corporate Biblical and religious goals and participate in regular work-related spiritual activities without reservation (Spiritual Bona Fide Occupational Qualification)
- You are learning French.
- You love mentoring others.
- You are comfortable reviewing financial information for completeness, accuracy, and appropriateness.
- You’re the go-to person for knowledge about accounting systems and processes for receiving and distributing financial information.
- You’ve got strong computer skills, including MS Office or Open Office.
- You’re good at data entry.
- You can spot an error a mile a way.
- You understand basic financial and bookkeeping principles.
It’s a bonus if…
- You speak an intermediate level of French fluently.
- You’ve either had one year of accounting education or on the job experience in bookkeeping and cashbox management.
If you have questions about this job, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pos ID: 57738 REF ID: REF ID 30808a Huey