LI Title: Graphic Designer
Designer Jessica Helfand once said, “Graphic design is a visual language… But it is also an idiomatic language… of cultural references and perceptual inferences that challenge both the intellect and the eye.”
How would you like to use your abilities in visual communication to impact the world for eternity? As a supported* graphic designer, you would be responsible for designing our organization’s electronic and print media.
Today, over 2000 people groups, 170 million people, still don’t have the Bible translated into their languages! Wycliffe USA believes the Word of God can transform lives when people hear it in their own language or form.
If you believe, as we do, that all languages are of value, form an integral part of peoples’ identity, and have the potential to serve them in a rapidly changing world, then you can be part of a team serving minority language communities worldwide
Job Location: Can be done from anywhere!
Even though this job is located anywhere, you must be legally authorized to work in the United States as per U.S. employment laws.
Every day is different! One day you might work on different projects by scanning, drawing, designing, retouching photos, or printing. Another day you might work with writers, photographers, and illustrators to develop and refine your projects.
This job might be for you if…
- You demonstrate the desire and ability to support corporate Biblical and religious goals and participate in regular work-related spiritual activities without reservation (Spiritual Bona Fide Occupational Qualification)
- You have 2 years of experience designing print and/or electronic media and have a portfolio to submit.
- You’re familiar with PhotoShop, Adobe Illustrator, InDesign and/or other design software tools for either Windows or Mac operating systems.
- You’re familiar with design standards in the publishing and printing industry.
- You can work well with a team.
*ABOUT SUPPORTED POSITIONS
Supported staff (missionaries) with Wycliffe Bible Translators USA are members of a faith-based organization. If you become a member, you will receive extensive training and helpful tools to raise a team of prayer and financial partners in ministry; the gifts given to the preference of your ministry account provide for your salary, benefits and ministry-related expenses.
If you have questions about this job, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.