Our mission is to invest in women and girls through research, advocacy, grant-making, and strategic partnerships designed to achieve gender equity through systemic change.
We envision a community, nation, and world that is free of gender bias and where social justice exists for all. The social change will be evidenced by community engagement, the removal of barriers to resources, and the existence of equitable social and institutional systems.
Position: The Women’s Fund of Rhode Island is seeking a marketing/ communications and fund development intern to Ideal candidates will demonstrate collaborative ability, creativity, self-direction, and excellent written communication skills. Experience with social media, research, writing, data, and administrative duties preferred. An interest in gender equity and/or women’s studies is a must. This will be a primarily remote with some occasional socially distant work in the office.
- Support the work of the Director of Development and Operations with securing and tracking donations, engaging social media audiences for events, managing data, and providing general operation duties
- Act as an organizational representative in all outbound communications
- Maintain organized records for events
- Assist at events with zoom management
- Draft op-eds, policy papers, and other external communications as needed
- Expand presence and audience on social media platforms via Facebook, Instagram & Twitter
- Provide research on various topics as needed
- Assist in the planning and outreach for our 20th Anniversary celebration in September.
- Self-directed and detail orientated; can work independently with guidance from staff
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with women’s studies and gender equity issues required
- Writing and design and/or video editing experience a plus
- Let us know if you have skills with data scrubbing and analysis or in Tableau
Start Date: Flexible between May and August.
Hours: 10-25 hours per week, Monday-Friday; the schedule is flexible, Occasional evening work is required.
Compensation: This is an unpaid internship. We offer hands-on learning in a collaborative, collegial environment.
To Apply Email cover letter and resume and two references to Ellie Brown email@example.com by April 15. Priority is given to early applicants who follow directions in applying.