Women’s Fund of Rhode Island (WFRI) seeks a full-time Communications & Outreach Coordinator to support marketing and event activities. The successful candidate will have qualifications and qualifications in a variety of marketing and communication strategies, including working with the media, managing social media channels and content, graphic design and event support. The ideal candidate will have values consistent with intersectional feminism, anti-racism, social justice, and participatory democracy.
Equity and inclusion are key values of our organization, and we continue to evolve to embody these values. As such, we recognize our responsibility to ensure our practices prioritize our values when hiring staff and vendors, recruiting board members/ volunteers/fellows, investing resources, holding training, and advocating for policy change.
- Develop an extensive understanding of WFRI, its mission, and strategic goals to act as an ambassador to the community.
- Write press releases and execute follow-up with media contacts to ensure story placement.
- Create a bi-weekly electronic newsletter and a twice annual printed newsletter.
- Create and execute a social media strategy that ensures daily visibility on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter, as well as other emerging media platforms.
- Ensure our website is up to date and functioning properly.
- Design collateral materials in support of WFRI mission, including our annual report, brochures, invitations and flyers.
- Manage the logistics of public forums, such as Cocktails & Communications, candidate debates, workshops and others as needed. This includes recruiting speakers, working with event volunteers, liaising with site management, etc…
- Provide logistical and marketing support for other staff driven events.
- Participate in information fairs, rallies, and forums by hosting information tables and/or speaking on behalf of WFRI.
- Take photographs and video at organization related events.
- Follow up on WFRI general information requests.
A Bachelor’s degree in a related field of study and at least one (1) year of related experience in event planning, marketing, public relations or communications. Alternatively, at least two (2) years of on-the-job experience. A results-driven approach and a driving belief in the importance of the mission of WFRI are essential. Also:
- Must possess organizational and planning skills.
- Excellent writing, editing, proofreading skills.
- Ability to present concepts verbally, visually and in written format.
- Demonstrated graphic design skills.
- Familiarity with the latest trends, technologies and methodologies in social media, web design, etc…
- Ability to think creatively and innovatively.
- Self-motivated with a positive and professional approach to management.
- If you also have video production expertise and/or are Spanish bilingual, these are plusses you should mention in your cover letter!
Ability to work with a small team and in a virtual environment is essential.
Compensation & Benefits
This is a 40-hour/week position with an annual salary between $32,000-40,000. It includes the following benefits:
- Pro-rated paid time off and sick time, holidays
- Contribution to 401(k) retirement plan
- Professional development opportunities
- Work from home, if desired, with some time spent in the physical office
- Contribution to health insurance purchased from RI State Health Exchange
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to Kelly Nevins, CEO at email@example.com. The position is open until filled.