Job Title: Pension Benefits Internship (University)
This role is for those who are currently pursuing their undergraduate or graduate degree and have not yet graduated.
At this time we will only accept candidates that are presently eligible to work in the United States and will not require sponsorship now or in the future.
Willis Towers Watson is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. With roots dating to 1828, Willis Towers Watson has 40,000 employees serving more than 140 countries. We design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Our unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and ideas – the dynamic formula that drives business performance.
Create a career that goes in the direction you choose. Get to know opportunity.
Create your future. The complexity, costs and risks associated with employee benefits pose an increasing threat to business performance. An enterprise-wide strategy for managing benefits gives our clients the framework to develop programs that work in concert to help attract and retain top talent in a cost-effective manner so they can offer benefits that give them a competitive edge while meeting the needs of their employees.
Our Retirement team provides expertise in retirement and investment consulting to support organizations worldwide in designing, managing, administering and communicating all types of retirement plans.
Explore an opportunity. In this Pension Administration Group role, you will perform recurring plan administration services and work assignments for clients’ defined benefit plans under the supervision of senior analysts and will assist with project work and other ad hoc client support services as requested.
Love your work. You will partner with team members on the following objectives:
• Perform with guidance from internal clients, routine and recurring plan administration tasks for clients’ defined benefit plans, e.g., benefit calculations, annual data updates, assist with preparation of benefit statements
• Work cooperatively with other team members (Towers Watson plan administrators, actuaries ) to complete tasks and to ensure unified delivery of services
• Gain a thorough understanding of the plan design ( e.g., coverage levels, and options, eligibility, enrollment/change, termination procedures)
• Follow and update documentation materials as directed
• Maintain complete and accurate work papers and audit trails
• Learn and use Professional Excellence tools and concepts to ensure efficient and quality output/service delivery, e.g., do, check, review
• Serve as a contact with clients’ human resources personnel
• Adhere to plan documents and government regulations in administering plans
• Actively participate in team meetings and training activities
• Be accountable to team members for agreements and promises
□ Current college student (at least sophomore) required, preferably in a program with heavy emphasis on mathematics, statistics or Finance or any other major with significant quantitative course work with a minimum overall GPA of 3.0
□ Solid mathematical and analytical skills
□ Work experience that demonstrates strong technical and/or client service skills
□ Passion for solving problems and sharing solutions to exceed the standards of the client
□ Ability to be a self-starter and work independently, but also cooperatively in a close team environment
□ Excellent oral and written communication skills
□ Excellent Microsoft Office skills, particularly in Excel
Join us. If you are interested, please submit your resume to the WTW career site posting at https://careers.willistowerswatson.com/early-careers/. Search for job title and location.