The next big thing in data is you!
The next big thing in data is you!
We create environments for you to thrive. The growing diversity of data creates an exponential amount of new possibilities – for the world, our company and you. You’ll be part of a team driving the innovations necessary to outpace new demands and challenges everywhere data lives, from sensors to mobile devices to the cloud. We’ve only started to scratch the surface of what data can do. You can help unlock its full potential.
We are seeking highly motivated students to be a part of our LAUNCH Sales Rotation Program or LAUNCH Marketing Rotation Program. These full-time paid roles are designed to jump start your career, offering on-the-job and supplemental training and a robust mentorship program. You get to work alongside the brightest minds in the industry to drive the innovation necessary to outpace new demands and challenges created by data.
Both Sales and Marketing Programs are 8-month rotations through different teams within either Sales or Marketing functions. These roles will sit in Irvine, CA. After the rotation is over, you will graduate out into your new role. Your final placement could potentially be at another site in California or outside of California.
Rotations will be offered in the following areas, after 1 month of general orientation to learn about the company and Sales/Marketing organizations:
- Digital Marketing
- Channel Marketing
- Social Media
- Inside sales
- Field sales
What is the LAUNCH Program? The LAUNCH Program is supplemental to your full-time role. You will be automatically enrolled in the LAUNCH Program during the first twelve months. In this program, you will take a deeper dive into professional life at Western Digital by getting exposure to different parts of the organization, in addition to the experience you gain from your day-to-day responsibilities. Supplemental LAUNCH Program elements include:
- On the job training and mentorship with industry professionals
- Supplemental professional development trainings
- Executive exposure
- Networking events with other Western Digital employees
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
Irvine, California, United States
- Current student, pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Communications, Marketing, Sales, Social Sciences, or related field and graduating between December 2020 and June 2021
- Minimum of 3.0 GPA
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong technical skills in area of study
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, market research and marketing program management
- Problem solving skills
- Ideal candidate is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, exhibits confidence in social environments, and has demonstrated ability to work well with others through clubs, sports, and other extracurricular activities
- Excellent selling, communication and negotiation skills
- Prioritizing, time management and organizational skills
- Relationship management skills and openness to feedback
- Right to work in the US without requiring Western Digital to commence or sponsor an immigration case in order to employ you (for example, H-1B or other employment-based immigration case)
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL®
The future. It’s on you. You & Western Digital.
We’ve been storing the world’s data for more than 50 years. Once, storage was the most important thing we could do for data. Now, we’re helping the world capture, preserve, access and transform data in a way only we can.
The most game-changing companies, consumers, professionals, and government organizations come to us for the technologies and solutions needed to bring meaning and value to their ever-increasing diversity of data.
But we can’t do it alone. Today’s exceptional data challenges require your unique skills. You can be the next big thing in data.
Western Digital® data-centric solutions are comprised of the Western Digital, G-Technology™, SanDisk® and WD® brands.
Western Digital is an equal opportunity employer.
Western Digital does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion (including religious dress and grooming standards), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), gender (including a person’s gender identity, gender expression, and gender-related appearance and behavior, whether or not stereotypically associated with the person’s assigned sex at birth), age, national origin, sexual orientation, medical condition, marital status (including domestic partnership status), physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, protected medical and family care leave, Civil Air Patrol status, military and veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. We also prohibit harassment of any individual on any of the characteristics listed above. Our non-discrimination policy applies to all aspects of employment. We comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the “Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law” poster.
Western Digital participates in the E-Verify program in the US. For more information click here. Este empleador participa in E-Verify.