WCI – Life Skills Day Habilitation Program is looking for a Health-Care Supervisor. The Health Care Supervisor will be a registered nurse with at least one year of experience in a community health setting.
This is a 40 hour, 8:00 am -4pm, Monday-Friday position.
Overview of responsibilities:
* Provide direct nursing care and services to the Individuals in the Day Habilitation program and oversee all day time health-care services.
* Train staff in medical conditions of the Individuals, their medications and potential side effects.
* communicate and consult with families, and residential providers about health-related matters and makes recommendations.
* Participate in an Interdisciplinary Team Meetings to evaluate and review each Individual’s needs and status.
* Advise the Administrator, Program Director and the Day Habilitation Specialists of any medical problems that may hinder Individuals’ progress or may be aggravated by program activities.
* Attend staff meetings to train staff, provide information, instruct in implementation of medical procedures, and participate in the team decision-making.
* Oversee that all Mass Health requirements for health care and nursing supports in the Day Habilitation setting are adhered to.
*Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing
*Valid Massachusetts RN license
*Strong written and oral communication skills
*Basic computer skills
*Problem solving abilities
Job Type: Full-time