This position is responsible for assisting in the operation of multiple departments. An individual in this position will be expected to perform additional job related responsibilities and duties throughout the facility as assigned and/or as necessary.
An individual must be able to successfully perform the essential functions of this position with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Communicate with (or to) individuals or groups verbally and/or in writing (e.g. customers, suppliers, associates).
- Serve as a community liaison by participating in local and community organizations and charitable activities; champion company-sponsored programs and events to associates, customers, and the local community.
- Supervise and/or manage associates and leaders in area of responsibility by giving direction, monitoring performance and providing feedback; identifying training and development needs and providing opportunities for learning and growth; teaching, supporting and modeling Logistics and company policies and procedures; and participating in the hiring, promotion, coaching, teaching, and evaluation of associates, leaders and managers.
- Investigate and ensure associate, customer and supplier concerns are resolved, using own judgment or consulting others when needed.
- Drive and implement the business plan for area of responsibility to achieve facility goals (e.g., production, quality, safety) and implement operational improvements.
- Ensure compliance with company HR policies and local, state, and federal laws and regulations by reviewing and managing the accuracy, confidentiality and maintenance of HR-documents; assisting in the implementation of and ensuring compliance with HR systems applications; advising on, researching, and resolving HR-related issues; and analyzing information and data to recommend and/or make HR business decisions.
- Monitor and ensure area of responsibility’s compliance with Logistics and company quality and safety standards, policies, procedures and directives by developing, distributing, and/or maintaining procedures and supporting documentation.
- Oversee, direct, and conduct day-to-day operations of all HR related functions (e.g., benefits, hiring/transfers, terminations, payroll, associate relations programs) by executing and refining recruiting and staffing initiatives; monitoring the completion of training curricula; and addressing employment-related concerns for applicants, associates and managers.
An individual must be proficient in each of the competencies listed below to successfully perform the responsibilities of this position.
- Manages Human Resource Initiatives – Documents and shares information on issues related to company, legal, and regulatory human resource policies and procedures with associates and managers, emphasizing the importance of compliance. Responds to improper human resource practices and non-compliance in a timely and effective manner by documenting and investigating violations related to company, legal, and regulatory human resource policies, standards, and procedures, and implementing practices to prevent them from recurring. Ensures associates and managers are held accountable for implementing and complying with human resource practices. Ensures associates and managers maintain proper human resource documentation and are held accountable for reporting improper human resource practices and non-compliance in accordance with company and legal guidelines. Provides advice and guidance on human resource practices for company talent management and development to associates and managers.
- Customer/Member Centered: Focus on the Customer/Member – Reviews customer/member-focused data and adjusts performance to address findings. Promotes and supports associate efforts to exceed customer/member expectations. Informs associates on how to identify and locate resources to meet the diverse needs of customers/members. Judgment: Use Appropriate
- Judgment – Identifies, reviews, and applies policies and procedures to make informed judgments. Identifies and uses facts, information, and expertise to set priorities and make informed decisions. Uses data and evidence to determine the causes of problems and develop solutions to address them.
- Execution and Results: Manage Execution and Results – Holds associates accountable for completing work within expectations and time requirements. Plans and manages own and others’ time, based on business priorities, and follows up to ensure all work requirements are completed in a timely and accurate manner. Identifies and obtains the resources needed to complete projects. Encourages associates to strive for excellence, efficiency, and quality in work practices.
- Planning and Improvement: Plan and Pursue Team-Based Improvement – Coordinates and aligns planning with organizational initiatives and direction. Looks at work plans and makes changes, as needed, to achieve team or work group objectives. Sets realistic timelines for goal accomplishment. Improves work processes and practices to increase performance and results.
- Influence and Communicate: Increase Commitment – Promotes ideas and links them to business needs and benefits. Builds trusting, cooperative relationships and alliances with others, inside and outside of the organization. Effectively communicates clear, up-to-date information on business plans and priorities (for example, change initiatives). Shares experience and ideas with associates across the organization.
- Ethics and Compliance: Manage Ethics and Compliance – Instructs associates on how to act in accordance with policies and procedures, and supports their efforts in doing so. Ensures associates demonstrate the highest standards of integrity and ethics in work situations. Corrects ethical and compliance issues, enforcing compliance and administering appropriate consequences as needed.
- Adaptability: Quickly Adapt – Demonstrates creativity and strength in the face of change, obstacles, and adversity. Adapts to competing demands and shifting priorities. Updates knowledge and skills to handle new complexities, challenges, and responsibilities. Seeks exposure to new ideas and perspectives. Helps associates adjust to and develop the capabilities needed to implement organizational change initiatives.
- Talent: Supervise Associates – Provides specific, honest, accurate, and timely feedback on associate performance. Assigns tasks to associates that fit their skill levels and maximize team performance. Uses people processes (for example, selection, development, performance evaluation) to ensure effective associate performance. Recruits and hires the associates needed to meet business requirements. Teaches, guides, and assists in the development of associates.
The following physical activities are necessary to perform one or more essential functions of this position.
- Moves, lifts, carries, and places merchandise and supplies weighing up to 10 pounds without assistance.
- Grasps, turns, and manipulates objects of varying size and weight, requiring fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination.
- Visually verifies information, often in small print.
- Reads information, often in small print.
- Visually locates merchandise and other objects.
- Observe behavior of others (i.e., associates, customers, suppliers).
- Enter and locate information on a computer or system communication device.
- Write documents, reports, etc. using a writing instrument (e.g., pencil, pen) or computer.
Traveling is necessary to perform one or more essential functions of this position.
- Travels to multiple facilities or work sites requiring both single and multiple day stays.
Working in the following environment is necessary to perform one or more of the essential functions of this position.
- Works in areas requiring exposure to varying temperatures, extreme heat or cold, and/or wet, damp, or drafty conditions.
- Work overnight, weekends, and varying shifts.
- Work indoors for extended periods of time.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or a related field and 2 years HR Generalist experience (e.g., payroll, workers compensation, benefits) with at least one year supervising, evaluating, mentoring, and developing employees; managing workload; and participating in the hiring and promotion of employees OR 1 year experience as a Walmart Logistics Human Resources Area Manager or Walmart Human Resources Office Manager supervising, evaluating, mentoring, and developing associates; managing associate workload; and participating in the hiring and promotion of associates, including dealing with employment compensation/payroll processing, employee relations, recruiting/staffing, organizational planning, and/or training and development programs OR 3 years experience supervising, evaluating, mentoring, and developing employees, managing workload; and participating in the hiring and promotion of employees including one year of experience managing human resource processes (e.g., staffing, payroll, workers compensation, benefits)
- Both Bachelor’s Degree in a related field (e.g., Management, Logistics, Business Administration, Financial Management, Production/Operations Management, Human Resources); and 3 years experience supervising, evaluating, mentoring, and developing employees, managing workload; and participating in the hiring and promotion of employees.
- Human resources or training professional certifications (e.g., PHR/SPHR, ASTD)
- 1 year experience managing human resource processes (e.g., staffing, payroll, workers compensation, benefits).
- 1 year experience developing and facilitating training programs.