Start Date July 2021
Location– Wakefield, MA
Schedule– Business hours up to 32 hours/week; flexible based on school schedule.
As the Human Resources Intern, you will be supporting our Human Resources Team, focusing on functional HR support and work to advance programs. You will gain a deeper understanding of the way that business works outside of the classroom, and you will have the chance to network with successful colleagues in your field of study.
You will also be joining a whole group of college interns just like you.
The Human Resources Intern provides support in functional areas of the HR department, which includes recruitment and employment, personnel records, benefits administration, organization development and training and other duties as listed below:
YOU’LL GET TO…
- Record employee information such as personal data, compensation, benefits, training records, promotions and terminations
- Update employee files to document personnel actions and to provide information for payroll and other uses
- Examine employee files to answer inquiries and provides information to authorized persons
- Maintain basic knowledge of legal and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions and ensures policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance
- Assist in recruitment process; schedules candidates, maintains recruitment logs, resumes, job descriptions, scorecards and reports
- Respond to inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and programs
- Act as training liaison; inputs training courses, maintains records and reports
- Update handbook and policy manuals, organizational charts, and HR related power point decks on an as-needed basis.
- Provide administrative support as needed; manage other projects as needed
- Cover Office Manager; answer phones, order supplies, sort mail
WE’RE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO…
- College Junior / Senior preparing for a degree in Human Resources, Business, or related major
- Maintains confidentiality
- Excellent listening, communication and writing skills
- Works with integrity and ethically
- Upholds organizational values
- Possess knowledge of Microsoft Office tools such as Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Possesses the following skills:
- Time management
- Problem solving
- Attention to detail
- Research skills
- Analytical skills