We are looking for an energetic and self-motivated Communications and Development Intern to join our team at the Virginia Thurston Healing Garden Cancer Support Center.
The intern will collaborate with the Director of Development on a wide variety of projects ranging from social media content creation, researching potential donors, database management, and coordinating events. This is a great opportunity to gain valuable experience and exposure to communications and fundraising practices.
The ideal candidate must be social media savvy and have strong writing and organizational skills. Experience in graphic design, photo/video editing a huge plus.
- Assist with creation of marketing materials, including emails, flyers, invitations etc.
- Coming up with creative content for social media platforms. Assist with scheduling posts for social media platforms
- Update websites with new content and images
- Help identify promising funding opportunities by identifying, and researching potential corporate partners, foundations, individual donors, and grants
- Assist with donor management using our CRM platform (Donor Perfect)
- Assist with mailings, daily administrative tasks, and special projects as needed
- Help with planning and hosting of fundraising events
- Excellent written, oral, and computer skills
- Highly organized with great attention to details
- Graphic design skills, experience with Adobe Suite is a plus
- Familiarity with social media platforms
- Knowledge or familiarity of WordPress platform is a plus
- Outstanding multitasking abilities
- Ability to take direction and work in a team environment
This is an unpaid internship with potential for college credits. The student will gain valuable skills and experience to add to their resume. A letter of recommendation will be provided to help with their job search, and they will have the opportunity to touch the lives of families affected by cancer.