Are you motivated by knowing you’ve made a difference in someone’s life and in our community? Do you have passion for helping those in substance abuse recovery? If you answered yes, then you may have what it takes to be part of the Veterans Inc. team!
Veterans Inc., a 501(c)3 non-profit, is the largest provider of supportive services to veterans and their families across New England. We are looking for a professional, highly motivated, goal-oriented, skilled, and hardworking individual to fill the role of a the Substance Abuse Counselor position and become a valued member of the Veterans Inc. team!
At Independence Hall we provide client-centered care and recovery-oriented treatment within a therapeutic environment. We are looking for innovative staff for our substance abuse treatment programs which is open to both veterans and the community.
The primary goal of this position is to provide support and substance abuse counseling services to Substance Abuse treatment program patients to help ensure that the major objectives of treatment are attained. This position works as a member of a multidisciplinary team to provide clients with necessary program information, and is responsible for providing clients with direct individual and group counseling, education, clinical or case management services to assist clients with treatment plans and goals.
We are hiring for both part-time (weekend 16 hours) and full-time (40 hours weekday)!
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Performs intake, evaluation, orientation, admissions, treatment planning, counseling, documentation, discharge planning and referral of substance abusing clients.
- Assists client through individual, group, substance use or mental health use disorder counseling.
- Maintains audit-ready client files and documentation as required.
- Assesses all new intakes to determine presence and extent of substance abuse issues and mental health illness; completes evaluation report.
- Develops and documents individualized treatment plans that address the needs of substance abuse client population.
- Recommends treatment plans for clients to program manager and criminal justice officials.
- Refers clients to appropriate treatment modality based on assessment.
- Collects statistics as required for reports; prepares required reports and paperwork.
- Develops and facilitates process groups and educational programs.
- Identifies opportunities for program improvement as needed.
- Participates in continuing education to continually improve skills and abilities and stay abreast of current technologies and practices.
- Ensures compliance with legal issues including but not limited to client confidentiality and risk management; ensures compliance with federal, state, and local regulations.
- Adheres to all of the confidentiality requirements and guidelines outlined in the 42 CFR, Part 2 federal regulations pertaining to chemical dependency treatment records.
- Attends and participates in all meetings as required.
- Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will possess:
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Human Services, Social Work, Sociology, or related field from an accredited institution. Master’s degree in related field highly preferred.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in substance abuse treatment or mental health use disorder counseling required.
- Certification in alcohol and drug counseling, LADC I or II preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of military culture, experience in working with veteran population and an understanding of veterans-related needs and issues preferred.
- Must be able to successfully pass a CORI/Background records check.
Veterans Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity is valued, and welcomed, on all levels within the organization! Veterans highly encouraged to apply!
For more information, or to apply now; visit our website. Please do not mail, email, or fax your cover letter/resume to us as we only accept applications through our website. Mailed, emailed, or faxed cover letter, resume, and applications will not be reviewed nor considered!
If you need assistance completing an application please contact email@example.com. Emails regarding application status will not be returned.
No Recruiters Please!
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.