Are you motivated by knowing you’ve made a difference in someone’s life and in our community? Do you have passion for helping those in substance abuse recovery? If you answered yes, then you may have what it takes to be part of the Veterans Inc. team!
Veterans Inc., a 501(c)3 non-profit, is the largest provider of supportive services to veterans and their families across New England. We are looking for experienced addiction treatment professionals for our substance abuse treatment program located at Independence Hall in Shrewsbury, MA. Independence Hall offers a continuum of care, including inpatient and outpatient substance abuse treatment services, to assist individuals in achieving their recovery goals. At Independence Hall we provide client-centered care and recovery-oriented treatment within a therapeutic environment for both veterans and non-veterans 18 years and older. The qualified candidate must be a team player, a creative problem solver, and have a passion for helping others. Veterans are encouraged to apply but veteran status is not a requirement.
The primary goal of this position is to provide support and substance abuse counseling services to patients within a 32-bed inpatient substance abuse treatment program to help ensure that the major objectives of treatment are attained. This position works as a member of an interdisciplinary team to provide patients with individual counseling, group psychotherapy, guidance in developing their treatment plans and goals, and referrals to internal and external resources.
This individual would be based out of the 59 South Street, Shrewsbury, MA 01545 location. This is a full-time position and has full benefits (health, dental, vision, 403B, paid time off, short/long term disability and life insurance, etc.). The hourly rate $19.23 and is non-negotiable. The schedule for this position is as follows, Monday through Friday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm.
Must be able to pass a CORI and background investigation. Must be able to start within two weeks of receiving a verbal offer.
Veterans Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity is valued, and welcomed, on all levels within the organization! Veterans highly encouraged to apply!
- Performs client intake and assessment.
- Assesses all new intakes to determine presence and extent of substance abuse issues; completes evaluation report
- Develops and documents individualized treatment plans that address the needs and goals of the client.
- Utilizes appropriate treatment modalities based on client needs.
- Provides individual, group, and/or couples counseling to assist in meeting client’s treatment goals.
- Facilitates client groups, as needed.
- Maintains audit ready client files and documentation as required.
- Collects statistics as required for reports; prepares required reports and paperwork.
- Develops and facilitates process groups and educational programs.
- Identifies opportunities for program improvement as needed.
- Participates in continuing education to continually improve skills and abilities and stay abreast of current technologies and practices.
- Ensures compliance with legal issues including but not limited to client confidentiality and risk management; ensures compliance with federal, state, and local regulations.
- Attends and participates in all meetings as required.
- Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to understand, communicate and follow Veterans Inc. policies and procedures.
- Ability to work with clients of diverse backgrounds.
- Must have strong interpersonal and social skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively, using tact and diplomacy both orally and in writing.
- Ability to demonstrate empathy and respect towards clients.
- Competency in advocacy, professional responsibility, mentoring and recovery support.
- Ability to speak, read, understands and writes in English.
- Ability to multitask, problem solve, prioritize and work in a setting with a high degree of interruptions.
- Must display the use of appropriate independent judgment to determine the appropriate course of action in resolving problems and in emergencies.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Must have strong computer skills with intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must be able to work independently and as a member of a treatment team.
- Ability to maintain acceptable attendance and punctuality.
- Ability to facilitate groups.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Human Services, Social Work, Sociology, or related field from an accredited institution. Master’s degree in related field highly valued.
- Minimum of two (2) years of substance abuse treatment or counseling experience required.
- Must be able to successfully pass a CORI/Background records check.
- Certification in alcohol and drug counseling, LADC I or II preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of military culture, experience in working with veteran population and an understanding of veterans-related needs and issues preferred.
- Analytical skills
- Negotiation Skills
- Verbal & Written communication
- Confidential interactions
- Vision Ability to be able to see in the normal range with or without correction.
- Hearing Ability to hear within normal audio range, with or without correction.
- Walking: Frequency- Frequency
- Driving: infrequently – Must have valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- Sitting: Frequency – Occasionally
- Standing: Frequency – Occasionally
- Lifting: 15 lbs., Frequency: Occasionally
- Carrying 15, Frequency: Occasionally
- Clinical setting: Frequency Often
- Outside: Frequency Occasionally
- The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse or hazardous environment conditions.
For more information, or to apply now; visit our website. Please do not mail, email, or fax your cover letter/resume to us as we only accept applications through our website. Mailed, emailed, or faxed cover letter, resume, and applications will not be reviewed nor considered!
If you need assistance completing an application please contact email@example.com. Emails regarding application status will not be returned.
No Recruiters Please!
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.