Drive superior investment results
Why join Vanguard’s Investment Management Development Program? You will experience buy-side investing as part of a leading-edge investment management organization. This is no career shadowing experience. You’ll influence the investment outcomes of over thirty million clients and collaborate alongside a team of experienced investment professionals at a global market leader. Through hands-on involvement with the global investment ecosystem and equipped with the tools and resources to succeed, you’ll shape the financial future of our clients and of Vanguard itself. Make it count!
In this program:
- Experience an intensive, comprehensive approach to investing that employs a range of strategies across asset classes through four 6-month assignments in Vanguard’s investment teams such as our Fixed Income Group (FIG), Equity Index Group (EIG), Quantitative Equity Group (QEG), Investment Strategy Group (ISG), Portfolio Review Department (PRD), Investment Management FinTech Strategies (IMFS), or Risk Management Group (RMG)
- Lead crucial, meaningful projects distilling complex data to uncover insights that will be presented to key leadership – influencing strategic product decisions that directly affect the Vanguard Funds
- Smaller cadre sizes which support opportunities for focused learning, individualized feedback, and close community connections. Cultivate new relationships in a thriving network of investment professionals working to do what’s right for the investor
- Make a positive impact on investors and the global financial markets as a whole
- Become a specialist in Vanguard’s unique, mission driven investment philosophy
Lead the future of investing
At Vanguard, we value community, comradery, and leaders who are adaptable and independent-minded. Your proven leadership and passion for learning will be invaluable as we advance our mission to make investment success accessible to everyone. Here, strong analytical skills and conceptual creativity will help you navigate the rigors of this demanding program preparing for a career in investment management. Use quick decision-making and problem-solving abilities in a fast-paced environment to deliver top-notch results for the team, clients, and your own personal success story.
What it takes
- An undergraduate degree. Finance, Economics, Statistics, Math, Accounting, Engineering, or Computer Science degree preferred.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher preferred.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and conceptual thinking skills.
- Initiative and ability to work independently.
- Comfortable working with multiple tasks and/or projects concurrently.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong professional presence/ability to effectively interact with all levels of crew and external clients.
- Outstanding organizational skills, attention to detail, and proven ability to deliver meticulous results under tight time constraints. Flexibility and strong decision making skills.
- Demonstrated leadership ability and a passion for Investment Management
- Technical knowledge a plus, such as data analytics and/or programming (Python/VBA) skills.
- The ideal candidate is a graduating college senior or early career professional
- Vanguard is not offering sponsorship for this role.
- Employment is contingent on a successful background check and drug-screening result.
- Please note that the start date for this program will be in Summer 2022.
Vanguard’s continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: “Do the right thing.”
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard’s core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard’s core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.