VanEck is a privately held global asset management firm founded in 1955. We develop forward-looking, intelligently designed, active and ETF strategies that strengthen long-term portfolios. We will provide qualified individuals with outstanding education and growth opportunities. If you are a high-energy individual with a strong work ethic, excellent team skills, and outstanding communication skills, we would like to speak with you.
VanEck’s Summer Intern Program includes exposure across the firm through educational, mentorship, and networking events. As an Intern, you will also be exposed to the firm’s senior management, gain an understanding of the financial services industry and learn critical business skills. Our internship program will build more than just your resume — it will challenge your knowledge, build your network and drive your career path. Our program spans 10 weeks and typically runs from June 7 – August 13. If you are looking to gain valuable hands-on experience while working with talented individuals, apply now!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Includes the following, other duties may be assigned as needed:
- Apply machine learning algorithm on diverse data sets.
- Write implementation in Python or R.
- Design training process.
- Visualize algorithm and training result.
- Present findings to IT and business.
- Advanced degree (in progress) in Statistics, Math or Computer Science
- Knowledge of current machine learning algorithms.
- Proficient in Python.
- Proficient in statistics.
Education and/or Experience
- Currently pursuing post graduate studies (Master or Ph.D.)
- Juniors and seniors at college level showing exceptional statistical aptitude is welcome too.
To perform successfully and gain the most from this internship, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Professional demeanor
- Capacity for learning new procedures/ideas
- Motivated with a sense of initiative. Despite being supervised, candidate should have the ability to complete assigned tasks with less to no supervision.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and employees of the organization.
All qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability or marital status.
In order to be considered for this position, please submit resume with the subject line ‘IT CTO Summer Intern’ to email@example.com.