VanEck is a global asset management firm founded in 1955, managing $70 billion. We develop forward-looking, intelligently designed, active and ETF strategies that strengthen long-term portfolios.
The digital marketing department sits on top of a wealth of data, including digital (web analytics) and in-person engagements, sales data (from CRM), asset flow and market data, and other 3rd party data that is integrated into our ecosystem. This role involves working with key decision makers to solve business problems by preparing, analyzing, and understanding our data to deliver actionable and predictive insights, provide recommendations, and continuously optimize results.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The data analyst will be asked to identify, track and analyze the behavior of our clients and prospects to gain insights into who they are and how they interact with VanEck across all digital platforms. Data related responsibilities include 1) ownership for recommendations around what data is needed, how best to use data in support of firm priorities/KPIs and recommendations based upon output reporting; and 2) hands-on data-sourcing, -centralization, -modeling, -mining, and report building in PowerBI to better understand our clients’ behaviors, align with market trends, and identify high-value prospects based on engagement. You will be asked to create models to group the different types of channels that engage with VanEck, provide insights on those various personas, and identify where each individual is in the sales cycle and conversion funnel. The outputs include reporting at the client / audience level, tied to products using key performance indicators and benchmarks.
You will also be part of the digital marketing team that uses data to automate certain human decisions; to automate fund and content recommendations based on clients’ preferences, behavior, peers and eventually machine learning across VanEck’s web properties and emails. The goal is to track and analyze session data, identify and predict behavioral trends, build audience personas, implement predictive content marketing, and create dashboards to visualize data to effectively communicate results to Sales, Marketing and senior management.
This role will be cross trained and serves as backup for 1) daily email marketing production/publishing in support of all business lines. This includes back up for email creation (using content from Product Management, Communication and Marketing), management of approvals and distribution and 2) back up for daily web marketing production/publishing in support of all business lines. This includes website content publishing (blogs, banner images, campaigns page content, videos, etc).
You will work in an agile environment, collaborating with the data team, web IT team, and key stakeholders as an integral member of the digital marketing team.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree studies in a technical field (e.g: Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics) a plus
- Strong understanding of machine learning techniques, statistical analysis and data modeling a plus
- Experience with a data visualization tool such as PowerBI preferred
- Web analytics tool experience, Google Analytics and Google Tag Manger preferred
- Hands-on experience with programming and statistical languages such as SQL, Python and R
- Experience working with large data sets to help businesses make better decisions
- Prior experience working in data analytics and decision science, preferably in financial services
- Astute at problem solving, debugging, and troubleshooting
- Independent self-start who is detail oriented, capable of making recommendations and results driven
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment and a positive team player
- Prior knowledge of reporting systems such as PowerBI, highly desired
Education and/or Experience
- Currently entering junior level (3rd year) or beyond within a 4 year college program.
- Some experience within a corporate environment is helpful, but not required.
To perform successfully and gain the most from this internship, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Professional demeanor
- Capacity for learning new procedures/ideas
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization
All qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability or marital status.
In order to be considered for this position, please submit resume with the subject line ‘Digital Marketing Data Analyst Summer Intern’ to email@example.com.