VanEck is a privately held global asset management firm founded in 1955. We develop forward-looking, intelligently designed, active and ETF strategies that strengthen long-term portfolios. We will provide qualified individuals with outstanding education and growth opportunities. If you are a high-energy individual with a strong work ethic, excellent team skills, and outstanding communication skills, we would like to speak with you.
VanEck’s Summer Intern Program includes exposure across the firm through educational, mentorship, and networking events. As an Intern, you will also be exposed to the firm’s senior management, gain an understanding of the financial services industry and learn critical business skills. Our internship program will build more than just your resume — it will challenge your knowledge, build your network, and drive your career path. Our program spans 10 weeks and typically runs from June 6 – August 12. If you are looking to gain valuable hands-on experience while working with talented individuals, apply now!
The Database Team is responsible for the safe keeping and speedy retrieval of the firm’s data (3TB+). With several servers across multiple data centers, it is the team’s responsibility to make sure all databases are in sync and highly accessible. Additionally, we help lay the framework for which new data is stored and managed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Includes the following, other duties may be assigned as needed:
- Create framework for which we categorize datasets we consume from third parties and link to underlying database schemas
- Document the relationships between datasets to help build relational database diagram
- Find commonalities between disparate datasets to improve business insights where there previously was none
- Major in Information Technology or Business Computer Information Systems
- Basic knowledge of and the ability to read / write Transact SQL (TSQL)
- Feel comfortable working inside an Integrated Development Environment (IDE)
- Database oriented
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- A working knowledge of Internet, MS Word and Excel.
- Roll up your sleeve work ethic.
- Professional demeanor.
Education and/or Experience
- Currently entering junior level (3rd year) or beyond within a 4 year college program.
- Some experience within a corporate environment is helpful but not required.
To perform successfully and gain the most from this internship, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Professional demeanor
- Capacity for learning new procedures/ideas
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
In order to be considered for this position, please submit resume with the subject line Database Administration Intern to firstname.lastname@example.org.