Community Health and Behavioral Services (CHBS) is an OMH Article 31 Out-patient Mental Health Clinic serving children, families and adults in the community.
The practice of Licensed Clinical Social Workers in NYS encompasses the scope of practice of diagnosis of mental, emotional, behavioral, addictive and developmental disorders and disabilities and of the psychosocial aspects of illness, injury, disability and impairment undertaken within a psychosocial framework; administration and interpretation of tests and treatment plans; and the provision of crisis orientation psychotherapy and brief, short-term and long-term psychotherapy and behavior therapy; all undertaken for the purpose of preventing, assessing, treating, ameliorating and resolving psychosocial dysfunction with the goal of maintaining and enhancing the mental, emotional, behavioral and social functioning and well-being of individuals, couples, families, small groups, organizations, communications and society. This position works as part of an interdisciplinary treatment team, to include, psychiatrists, Psychiatric-Mental Health Nurse Practitioners, and other clinical (LMSWs, LCSWs, LMHCs) providers. As an LCSW or LCSW-R, will provide oversight to MSW interns as part of the clinics internship program.
Activities include but are not limited to the following:
· Conduct screening/clinical assessments, diagnosis, and outline treatment recommendations for adults, children, and families.
· Promote the consumer’s recovery by coordinating, developing, and implementing, in partnership with the individual, the Treatment Process, development of assessment based treatment plans, and to support follow up with goals and objectives established.
· Promote the involvement of family or significant others in the recovery process.
· Provide individual psychotherapy, group therapy, and crisis intervention.
· Provide linkage, referral, and case management as clinically indicated.
· Documentation in EMR, as per the Department of Health, Department of Mental Hygiene, or Insurance guidelines and ensure compliance with all regulations.
· Serve as a member of a Multi-Disciplinary Clinical Team.
· Supervise Bachelor Level student interns, MSW interns (after 2 years’ experience), LMSWs, LCSWs and volunteers as directed.
· Participate in agency or community activities that may include meetings, trainings, committees, and community events.
· Ensure compliance with all pertinent government and Agency regulations and operating standards.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Master’s Degree in Social Work.
· The licensed clinical social worker shall complete at least 2,400 client contact hours of experience in psychotherapy over a period of not less than three years after licensure as a licensed clinical social worker, with not less than 400 client contact hours in any one year
· 36 months of supervised Psychotherapy experience.
· Valid NYS Licensure as an LCSW or LCSW-R
· The licensed clinical social worker LCSW is recognized in NYS as a reimbursable psychotherapist. This designation allows the practitioner’s clients to receive mental health services under the regulation and limitations of the insurance law and the agency to be paid. (See NYS Insurance Law Sections 3221 and 4303 regarding exceptions).
· Basic Computer Skills (Windows, GroupWise 5.5, Adobe Acrobat, Word, Excel).