At Upstate Cerebral Palsy, we provide innovative programs and services that support people and create opportunities to fulfill life choices…one person at a time, through everyday miracles. We are looking to hire compassionate, professional, and versatile Licensed Practical Nurses to support a variety of individuals who experience disabilities. Our ideal candidate would have the ability to work independently, think quickly, and problem solve. You must have a positive outlook regarding individuals with developmental disabilities and seek to improve their overall quality of life.
Activities include but are not limited to the following:
- Monitor Providers daily schedule.
- Provide daily nursing care to patients in the primary health care clinic, rooming patients, completing clinic notes, updating medical providers of patient’s health status, ensuring that medication and problem lists are update appropriately.
- Assist the Practitioner as necessary, calling for lab or x-ray reports, doing vital signs, blood sugars, pulse oximetry, throat cultures, urine dips, or pregnancy tests. Administering shots, immunizations and mantoux’s as ordered. Assist the Practitioner with pap smears. Ensure that lab work is obtained correctly and sent to lab with required documentation.
- Monitor incoming lab, x-rays, consultation reports and telephone calls to ensure that Providers are updated with changes or concerns in a patient’s health status.
- Ensure that prescriptions are called into pharmacy as ordered.
- Schedule appointments and referrals as necessary.
- Complete all required documentation and reports according to program regulations including program participants’ charts.
- Participate in activities as part of the treatment team that may include meetings, committees and attending or conducting staff in-services as needed.
- Establish a work environment that creates positive communication between supervisors and employees and assimilates new employees to the Agency’s culture, values and mission.
- Ensure compliance with all pertinent government and agency regulations and operating standards
- A.A.S. Degree or High School Degree or equivalent plus Specialized Trade Certificate.
- Current NY State LPN license and registration.
- 1-3 years experience.
- Valid NYS Drivers License.
- Intermediate Computer Skills (Including Windows, Outlook Adobe Acrobat, Word and Excel, Internet Explorer, Access, PowerPoint)