The Business Systems Analyst is primarily responsible for the support of the campus business operations through centrally administered software systems. The position requires a broad application of principles, theories and concepts of enterprise software and a working knowledge of related fields. The specialist participates in the development of functional specifications, delivers on project tasks, ensures the accuracy of application systems documentation and assists in the development of end user training.
- Primary support for Research Administration modules within the Financial Applications System (Grants, Contracts, Project Costing, Billing and Accounts Receivable).
- Familiarity with business processes and procedures as they relate to area of concentration.
- Analyze and trouble shoot operational issues.
- Ability to create and execute test scenarios.
- Ensure system remains current and compliant through patches, fixes and enhancements.
- Work with management to improve operational standards and procedures.
- Closely collaborate with developers and technical teammates.
- Prepares program documentation to support new or enhanced systems and applications.
- Participates in structured walk-throughs and other activities to review systems and provide support.
- Performs ongoing maintenance and review of applications systems and programs; identifies problems and develops appropriate solutions.
- Conducts or coordinates user acceptance, performance stress, regression and integration testing; makes changes and corrections as needed.
- Collaborate with campus constituents to:
- Translate functional business requirements into design criteria.
- Prioritize work to meet campus expectations and deadlines.
- Supports Reporting within the Finance Application
- nVision and Query support for Campuses and team members
- Peoplesoft Test Framework script development and support.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent with emphasis in information systems.
- 3-5 years’ experience in a business office or general Financial systems setting with demonstrated progressive experience in analyzing, enhancing and supporting departmental applications.
- 3-5 years of Financial Applications experience with deep functional skills in one or more areas. Experience with application processes, e.g. PeopleTools, nVision, BI Publisher, SQL, PeopleSoft Query and Advanced Excel (proficient in using complex formulas as well as macros and other advanced features).
- 1-3 years’ experience in project life cycle phases; analysis and design, testing, data conversion, change management.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Solid interpersonal skills with ability to work well with people at many levels of the organization.
- Highly motivated and able to work effectively under minimal supervision.
- Experience utilizing critical thinking and problem-solving skills to achieve results. See outside of the box and persevere in troubleshooting the issues.
- Experience with Grants, Billing and Accounts Receivable within PeopleSoft
- Experience with integration to third party systems as well as to PeopleSoft HR/Payroll.
- Salary Range $75,000.00 – $85,000.00 Final salary will commensurate with experience.
- Location – Shrewsbury, MA