GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Under the supervision of the Principal Investigator or designee, the Research Laboratory Technician I, performs a variety of specimen preparatory techniques, dry lab data collection, and routine laboratory maintenance.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES: * Perform a variety of laboratory experiments using both routine and special techniques and methods
* Assist in more complex laboratory tasks
* Collect, analyze, and process laboratory samples
* Record results, organize data, and perform basic computations
* Maintain laboratory supplies and equipment
* Comply with all safety and infection control standards
* Perform other duties as required.
* Bachelor’s degree in Biological Science or equivalent experience
* Knowledge of Microsoft Office products
* Ability to perform duties independently
* Judgment and action skills required to solve commonly encountered problems
Under the supervision of the Principal Investigator or designee
ENVIRONMENTAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
Wet chemistry laboratory, and may require appropriate contact with biohazards, radionucleotides, toxins, animals, and human specimens.