Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Summary: Participates in the planning and establishment of budgets and goals and objectives. Develops and implements fiscal strategies to achieve goals and objectives using advanced proficiency with Excel and excellent written and oral communication skills.
1. Designs, develops or modifies and implements accounting/business systems. Performs unit, systems, and parallel tests of new or redesigned systems and processes
2. Provides financial support and oversight across multiple Departments within the School of Medicine.
3. Monitors and analyzes revenues and actual expenditures in relation to budget and makes changes to plans as appropriate.
4. Monitors compliance with policies and procedures and makes recommendations for changes as appropriate. Develops and documents procedures.
5. Participates in System-wide initiatives to improve operational efficiencies. May lead Continuous Quality Improvement teams.
6. Prepares and maintains accurate accounting records to ensure compliance with state and federal regulatory agencies as well as GAAP, GASB and FASB.
7. Prepares financial analyses for departmental and institutional planning.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Economics, Finance, Public Administration or related field (or equivalent combination of education, training and experience).
- No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
- If a Bachelors degree: Two (2) years of experience in professional accounting, management of an operational unit, business analysis or financial analysis.
- If an Associates degree: Six (6) years of experience in professional accounting, management of an operational unit, business analysis or financial analysis.
- If a High School diploma or GED: Ten (10) years of experience in professional accounting, management of an operational unit, business analysis or financial analysis.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Faculty Physicians
Organization Unit: FP Financial Services
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes