The Child Health Equity Center at UMass Memorial/UMass Chan Medical School is looking for interns to support its ongoing research, policy, and community engagement efforts.
The mission of the Center is to advance child health equity locally, nationally, and globally, particularly for children who have been most disadvantaged by poverty and systemic racism, through novel and groundbreaking research that transforms healthcare systems and public policy. Our long-term vision is to heal children, families, and communities, particularly those most vulnerable, by addressing adverse social determinants of health including poverty and racism, linking communities and healthcare delivery systems, and creating lasting research and policy solutions.
We are looking for Interns interested in learning about child health equity while supporting our ongoing public health initiatives.
- Supporting the planning and execution of public health initiatives
- Supporting research pilot projects that are working to address adverse social determinants of health
- Identifying and outreaching to community partners
- Identifying and researching policy makers whose work aligns with the Center’s
- Updating the Center’s website and social media channels
- Assisting with project management tasks as needed
- Contributing to ad hoc projects as needed
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, social media sites, and standard research platforms and tools
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Active listening skills
- Ability to follow directions and work independently
- Detail oriented and organized
- Patient with repetitive work
- Thrives in a fast-paced work environment
- Knowledge of the Worcester area
- Commitment to Child Health Equity
- Seeking Interns who can commit at least four hours per week
- Hours of work are flexible
- Remote opportunity
- Some educational institutions require prior approval before the start of an internship. It is the responsibility of the student to check with their institution to be sure they meet any requirements before they accept a position