Medical Technologist I
Everyone Is a Caregiver
At UMass Memorial Health Care, Everyone is a Caregiver regardless of title. Exceptional patient care, academic excellence and leading-edge research make UMass Memorial the premier health care system of Central and Western Massachusetts, and a place where we can help you build the career you deserve. We are more than 14,000 employees, working together as one health care system. And everyone, in their own unique way, plays an important part, everyday.
Requisition #: 212251 – Per Diem
Shift: Mixed Shift
Shift Length: 8 hours
Location: Worcester, MA
Performs and interprets various chemical, microscopic, and/or bacteriologic tests to aid in the diagnosis and treatment of patients.
- Follows established protocols to perform a wide range of test in an assigned area staff members for assistance in the interpretation of complex or unusual test results.
- Ensures that test results meet requirements of the laboratory quality control program.
- Interprets and correlates clinical test results with patient history, diagnosis, and clinical condition in order to explain test results (normal/abnormal) so that appropriate action can be taken.
- Ensures preventative maintenance for equipment in assigned area. Performs routine troubleshooting, repair, and modification of a wide range of complex equipment and instrumentation.
- Maintains accurate records of tests performed, using computer–based systems.
Bachelor’s Degree or successful completion of an accredited four year school of Medical Technology, with ASCP certification as an MT is preferred OR Bachelor’s Degree in Biology, Chemistry, Bio Technology or Medical Lab Sciences
Certification to normally be acquired after one year of employment.
As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, UMMHC recognizes the power of a diverse community and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences, perspectives and backgrounds. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.