At UMass Memorial Health Care, Everyone is a Caregiver regardless of title. Exceptional patient care, academic excellence and leading-edge research make UMass Memorial the premier health care system of Central and Western Massachusetts, and a place where we can help you build the career you deserve. We are more than 14,000 employees, working together as one health care system. And everyone, in their own unique way, plays an important part, everyday.
Department: Pediatric Administration
Location: UMass Memorial Medical Group: University
Responsible for the collection and preparation of financial/statistical data with variance analysis; the preparation of financial reports and analyses; and assist in operational budget preparation. Maintain financial, quality and human resource databases. Coordinate large scale administrative projects.
- Collects, verifies, compiles and analyzes financial data; Prepares and issues financial reports on a monthly basis. Research information and provide explanation for expenses and variances. Identifies variances, resolves discrepancies with all applicable personnel (i.e. Budget, Accounting/Finance, Payroll, Clinical Affiliations). Monitors and reports data to department administrators. Works with department administrators to develop corrective actions. May work with medical center, medical group and school personnel, as well as, outside vendors. Maintains the security and confidentiality of financial data and information.
- Participates in the annual budget preparation and completion of annual budget packages.
- Performs a monthly pay code analysis; researches and reports
- Assists the department administrator and department Clinical Vice Chair in calculating capacity commitments.
- Maintain the department approval system and perform monthly reconciliations of intercompany eliminating entries. Quantifies Ipproval requests. Tracks and reconciles other revenues, resolves issues related to discrepancies.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration with a concentration in Accounting, Health Care Administration, or related field.
- One year of relevant work experience
- A working knowledge of computer-based financial/forecasting/budgeting techniques
- Excellent analytical and interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with hospital/healthcare delivery systems, financial forecasting and budgeting.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.