U.S. News & World Report is a digital first media company dedicated to helping consumers and business professionals make important decisions. We publish independent reporting, rankings, data journalism and advice that has earned the trust of our readers and users for more than 85 years.
As a trusted authority providing empowerment and guidance that improves the quality of life for consumers and communities, U.S. News ultimately leads to better life decisions.
Your role in helping us shape the future:
U.S. News empowers everyone to thrive. In this position you will have the opportunity to leverage your strengths and skills to implement recruitment initiatives that attract diverse, top talent needed to meet our business objectives. You will drive the candidate experience to ensure that the sourcing, screening, interviewing, reference checks, offer, onboarding, and communication processes run smoothly to ensure a positive candidate experience. You have a strong desire to learn more about Human Resources.
Are you up to the challenge?
- Conduct full cycle recruiting – advertise roles on diverse job boards, careers pages and social media channels; screen candidates by reviewing resumes and job applications and performing phone screenings; update candidates on the hiring processes; perform reference checks; and facilitate the offer process by partnering with the hiring manager to extend the offer and negotiate employment terms.
- Use insights to develop and implement creative and innovative sourcing strategies and techniques to build a robust pipeline of diverse, qualified candidates. Perform in depth sourcing of passive candidates by using creative forms of online search (Boolean, social networking, LinkedIn, etc.).
- Influence, lead outcomes, and communicate closely with hiring managers; maintain confidentiality and operate with poise and integrity.
- Facilitate onboarding and new hire process.
- Maintain Applicant Tracking System (ATS); job postings, open position information, candidate details, workflow, etc.
- Attend job fairs and recruiting events.
- Develop partnerships with diverse universities to create potential internship and partnership programs.
- Ensure all screening, hiring, and selection is done in accordance with employment laws and regulations.
- HR Programs & Projects ~ Support on-going HR programs such as the implementation of a new on-line performance management system.
- Stay abreast of recruiting trends and best practices.
You should definitely have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field; or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years of full life-cycle recruiting experience; internal recruiting experience within a company preferred.
- Must have knowledge and expertise in the use of applicant tracking systems (ATS).
- Familiar with a wide variety of sourcing avenues.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of employment laws and regulations.
- Demonstrated ability to establish effective and cooperative working relationships built on trust.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
It would be nice if you had:
- Technical recruiting experience
- Working knowledge of interview techniques and applicant screening methods
What it’s like to work with us:
- Talent is our best asset!
- We invest in people with passion and potential who understand U.S. News’ dedication to our consumers.
- Entrepreneurial, mission-driven culture with core values of quality and integrity
- Focus on fostering personal and professional growth
- Competitive benefits including paid vacation time, medical, tuition reimbursement, and training
- Collaborative Work Environment ~ Fun, diverse, inclusive and ambitious co-workers
Other Job Information
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- Please note we will not provide visa sponsorship for this role.