The Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy Institute at Tufts Medical Center is seeking a full time data coordinator and analyst. This is an ideal role for students seeking careers in medicine, clinical research or analytics. Motivated individual will perform a variety of duties related to data collection, management, and analysis in order to meet the needs and support the workflow, data collection, and research efforts of clinical team members. Main responsibilities include data collection and purification as well as performing some clinical biostatistical analysis (statistical programming, descriptive analyses, survival analysis, and multilevel modeling). Will be accountable for planning, design, implementation, and management of all data collection and analysis.
- Become expert in the use of the HCM database including all querying, reporting and quality of the data
- Work with clinical team members to resolve any data entry/data management issues
- Use available tools, systems and processes in support of coding medical terminology
- Communicate with clinical investigators to organize data and understand scientific issues.
- Determine appropriate statistical analyses and describe results.
- Contributes to the methods and results sections of manuscripts for peer review
- Build and configure system to meet requirements, using available application tools
- Participate in the development and maintenance of standard operating procedures related to data management activities
- Collaborate with vendor support personnel to research and resolve vendor product issues
- Performs other duties as assigned and/or necessary.
Job knowledge and skills:
- Understanding and experience with up to date MD Windows Operating Systems and applications.
- Ability to manipulate and organize large amounts of data
- Proficient in at least one statistical program (SAS preferred).
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and deliver required products in a timely manner
- Ability to learn new vendor applications quickly and utilize application tools to tailor system to meet user requirements
- Must be a team player and demonstrate interest in a longer-term role
- Passion for supporting applications in a healthcare environment
- Bachelor's degree level in heath profession, science or equivalent
- Strong technical/analytical skills demonstrated through prior healthcare/medical/clinical research and database experience preferred
- Undergraduate degree and 3-5 years healthcare/medical experience
- Highly motivated individuals with an equivalent combination of education and experience, which provides proficiency in the areas of responsibility listed above, may be substituted for the above education and experience requirements.