Middle School Mathematics Teacher
The Woodward School for Girls
ACCREDITED BY NEASC
Description: The Woodward School, an independent day school for girls in grades 6- 12, in Quincy, MA, seeks a Middle School Mathematics teacher for a full-time position beginning in September of 2021.
Specific responsibilities for this position include:
- Teach Middle School Mathematics to students in grade levels 6-8, including Algebra 1.
· Collaborate with colleagues in developing curriculum to provide a solid preparation for high school math.
· Engage in ongoing professional development.
· Willingness and ability to be a practitioner of diversity, equity, and inclusion practices in their pedagogy;
· View SEL and anti-biased, anti-racist pedagogy as part of the daily approach to interacting with both the student and faculty community;
· Serve as a Middle School Advisor.
· Attend staff meetings.
· Participate in other school events: Admissions Open Houses, Graduation and other important annual all community events (TBD).
· Engage and contribute to the overall community life of the school.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics or equivalent required; Master’s degree in strongly preferred;
- Strong Middle School Mathematics content and curriculum proficiency;
- Ability and confidence to utilize technology to facilitate and enhance teaching and learning;
- Minimum of three years of Middle School teaching experience preferred;
- Applicants with curriculum planning and teacher supervision preferred;
Ideal candidates will have: a strong background in teaching Middle School Mathematics; an understanding of the developmental needs of children; skill and experience with differentiated instruction and assessment; the ability to communicate effectively with students, parents, and colleagues; a commitment to Woodward’s mission to empower and advance young women through education and to working collaboratively to uphold the values of the school and our programs as a diverse, equitable and inclusive learning community.
To Apply: Please email a cover letter that includes a statement of educational philosophy, your resume, and a statement addressing past and/or potential contributions to diversity, equity and inclusion through teaching, professional activity, and/or service must be included for full consideration. Please also include the names and contact information of three to five references to: email@example.com