Speech and Language Pathologist
The Pinnacle School, a private, special education day school for college-bound students in grades 2 through 12, seeks a Speech and Language Pathologist for a full-time, school-based position (11 months).
The Speech and Language Pathologist will provide high quality, data-driven instruction to students aligned with the school’s mission and philosophy. The SLP will differentiate sessions and curriculum to support students’ learning styles and current achievement levels. The successful candidate will cultivate open and positive lines of communication with students and parents regarding academic, social and emotional progress and development, as well as maintain collaborative relationships with colleagues.
The Pinnacle School enables students with language-based learning differences to thrive through small class sizes, differentiated instruction, active problem-solving and relationship building. Candidates will be joining a robust and collaborative team of highly trained clinicians and teachers with expertise in special education, school counseling, speech and language therapy, occupational therapy, and classroom and behavior management. Pinnacle faculty and staff work tirelessly to support each student to become an enthusiastic learner and an engaged member of the community. We hire accomplished, inspiring people with a combination of teaching experience, advanced degrees, contagious enthusiasm, and engaging communication skills.
The successful candidate will meet the following requirements:
- Master’s degree in Speech and Language Pathology
- Valid Connecticut state endorsement 061 – Speech and Language Pathologist
- Minimum 2 years experience within a school-setting, preferably with special education student populations with language-based learning differences
- Collaborate with teachers and other service providers to inform best practices and support students’ individualized educational needs across all settings, such as:
- Observe and evaluate the language demands of curriculum, classroom, and social settings, and working with faculty to adjust, grow, and develop appropriate supports and interventions for the student body
- Assess and monitor student progress within classroom contexts
- Promote the development of student oral language skills and conversational strategies
- Develop lessons and curriculum to support students’ language development across all settings
- Conduct speech and language evaluations in order to assess, analyze, recommend and implement individualized services for enrolled students
- Assess, plan, organize and implement curriculum, accommodations and modifications to address goals and objectives on IEP or Pinnacle Learning Profile
- Familiar with the IEP process and the collection of progress monitoring data
- Create and maintain an orderly and aesthetic learning environment that accounts for students social, emotional, and executive functioning need
- Commitment to helping children of all abilities reach their full potential
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and a collaborative, enthusiastic style to fit with our small-team environment
Benefits include Medical/Dental, Vision, PTO, Life Insurance, LTD, Retirement, $600 Professional Development fund/year, Free staff lunch, on-site gym, and more!.
To apply, please send your resume, certification, 2 references and a brief, email cover note to: email@example.com.