The Pinnacle School Job Posting Behavior Specialist/Teaching Assistant
The Pinnacle School, a private, special education day school for students in grades 2 through 12, seeks a Paraprofessional/Behavior Specialist for a full-time, school-based position (10 months).
The Behavior Specialist will support the teacher within the classroom setting by assisting with instruction and classroom management strategies. This person will lead individual and small group activities in collaboration with teachers, provide instructional support, use proactive deescalation strategies, model behavior intervention techniques and coach student in social and emotional learning strategies.
The Pinnacle School enables students with language-based learning differences to thrive through small class sizes, differentiated instruction, active problem-solving, and relationship building. Candidates will be joining a robust and collaborative team of highly trained clinicians and teachers with expertise in special education, school counseling, speech and language therapy, occupational therapy, and classroom and behavior management. Pinnacle faculty and staff work tirelessly to support each student to become an enthusiastic learner and an engaged member of the community. We hire accomplished, inspiring people with a combination of teaching experience, advanced degrees, contagious enthusiasm, and engaging communication skills.
The successful candidate will meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in special education, psychology, or related field preferred
- Experience working with students with language-based learning differences; experience working with students with behavioral or social/emotional challenges greatly preferred.
- Demonstrated student management skills, including proactive de-escalation strategies requiring patience, creativity and resourcefulness
- Collaborative approach to working with an interdisciplinary team to maximize student’s academic, social and emotional wellbeing.
- Familiar with the IEP process and the collection of progress monitoring data
- Commitment to helping children of all abilities reach their full potential
- Excellent communication skills, and a collaborative, enthusiastic style to fit with our small-team environment.
To apply, please send your resume, certification, 2 references and a brief, email cover note to: firstname.lastname@example.org