Middle School Math Teacher
The Pinnacle School, a private, special education day school for students in grades 2 through 12, seeks a High School and Middle School Math Teacher or Special Education Teacher to teach Math for a full-time, school-based position (10 months).
The Math Teacher will provide high quality, data-driven instruction to students aligned with the school’s mission and philosophy. Teachers will differentiate curriculum to support students’ learning styles and current achievement levels. Teachers will cultivate open and positive lines of communication with students and parents regarding academic, social and emotional progress and development, as well as maintain collaborative relationships with colleagues.
The Pinnacle School enables students with language-based learning differences to thrive through small class sizes, differentiated instruction, active problem-solving and relationship building. Candidates will be joining a robust and collaborative team of highly trained clinicians and teachers with expertise in special education, school counseling, speech and language therapy, occupational therapy, and classroom and behavior management. Pinnacle faculty and staff work tirelessly to support each student to become an enthusiastic learner and an engaged member of the community. We hire accomplished, inspiring people with a combination of teaching experience, advanced degrees, contagious enthusiasm, and engaging communication skills.
The successful candidate will meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Special Education, Math or related field; Master’s degree preferred
- Candidates must hold valid Connecticut state teacher certification in the content area or special education (such as 165-Special Education, 229-Mathematics Middle School).
- Minimum 3 years experience teaching special education student populations with language-based learning differences
- Familiar with the IEP process and the collection of progress monitoring data
- Create and maintain an orderly and aesthetic learning environment that accounts for students social, emotional, and executive functioning need
- Commitment to helping children of all abilities reach their full potential
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and a collaborative, enthusiastic style to fit with our small-team environment
Benefits include: Medical/Dental, Vision, PTO, Life Insurance, LTD, Retirement, free staff lunch, onsite gym.
To apply, please send your resume, certification, 2 references and a brief, email cover note to: firstname.lastname@example.org.