Japanese Teacher, (Full-time, 10 months, The Spire School & The Pinnacle School)
Spire School and Pinnacle School in Stamford, CT, are actively recruiting for a Japanese Teacher 7-12 to start the 2021-2022 School Year. One to three years of teaching experience with middle and high school age students is required and additionally, if you have exposure and /or experience teaching in a special education classroom it is a significant plus.
Spire is a state-certified special education school, grades 6 -12, for students with social and/or emotional challenges that preclude the student’s ability to thrive in a ‘normal’ academic setting.
Pinnacle is a state-certified special education school, grades 2 -12, and enables students with language-based learning differences to thrive through small class sizes, differentiated instruction, active problem-solving and relationship building.
Candidates for the position must have a demonstrated passion for teaching and a collaborative style to work on a team prepared to meet the individualized needs of each student enrolled in our school. If you have had experience with this type of differentiated instruction, writing IEPs, coaching students and daily challenges then you are a candidate for this position.
- Must hold a CT Other World Language 7-12 certification or CT Special Education 7-12 certification – dual certifications a plus!
- 1 to 3 years teaching experience to middle and high school age students
- Experience educating students who may require differentiated instruction and may have emotional and/or learning challenges
- Experience teaching special education student populations with language-based learning differences
- Familiar with the IEP process and the collection of progress monitoring data
- Create and maintain an orderly and aesthetic learning environment that accounts for students social, emotional, and executive functioning need
- Commitment to helping children of all abilities reach their full potential
Benefits include: Medical/Dental, Vision, PTO, Life Insurance, LTD, STD, FSA, 401k, $600/year Professional Development fund, on-site gym, and more!
Please email resume, 3 references and your certification(s) to email@example.com