Responsible for preparation of various types of investment tax returns and related workpapers, as well as maintaining and recording investment financial transactions and related reporting
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Preparation of tax reporting function for investment entities of organization including:
- Coordination of the workflow and required documents for tax return preparation
- Review of General Accounting investment transactions to account for any tax adjustments.
- Input of tax related transactions into Allvue or other investment partnership accounting software including significant volume of external K-1s
- Preparation of federal and state tax workpapers for investment entities
- Maintain tax books & records, including tax basis of investments, investors
- Preparation of federal and state tax returns
- Tracking, review and preparation of foreign informational reporting from external investments.
- Ensure accurate tax returns that minimize tax obligations & risks of the organization
- Identify areas of potential for improvement within the tax compliance process
- Other responsibilities:
- Preparation of tax projections
- Timely filing of quarterly income tax estimates, extensions, and tax returns for federal, state & international filing requirements
- Maintain tax compliance calendar system
- Keep abreast of current developments in the tax area
- Continuous learning to increase tax & accounting technical expertise
- Assist with other tax or accounting tasks as needed to support tax and finance function for the organization
- Investment Accounting Responsibilities:
- Maintain investment partnership books and records for multiple entities including recording and reviewing investment activity, capital calls and reconciling bank accounts
- Assist with investment reporting including reconciling and reporting companys investment portfolio, daily, weekly, and monthly performance activity
- Develop reports utilizing report builder and other reporting software to further enhance investment and tax reporting
- Appetite in learning new reporting tools/platforms
- Actively participate in workflow improvements both internally or/and with vendors
- Automate, document, and find best practices on existing process
- Act on corporate actions and understand its implication to the various level of reporting
- Special projects and assignments as business dictates.
- Responsible for the maintenance, creation and control of all personally identifiable information or any other information protected by any Confidentiality or Privacy Standards or Company Policies that you have access or knowledge of, including but not limited to any state or federal regulations including HIPPA.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES – None
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelors of Accounting required
- Master of Taxation preferred
- 2-3 years of Income Tax Preparation experience with investment partnership focus
- Advanced excel proficiency, experience using Allvue or other investment partnership software, experience using OneSource and GoSystem tax software
- Demonstrates ability to work independently utilizing technical skills, shows initiative and professional judgment consistently
- Effective communication, interpersonal, analytical thinking skills required
- Works well collaboratively in a team environment
- Knowledge in in alternative investments and its basic intricacies (capital calls, distributions, in-kind distribution) as well as direct investments
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands on the computer
- The employee frequently is required to talk or hear
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS – NA
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
This company is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.