This position is responsible for researching and examining credit risks for complex transactions and high-profile accounts. Responsibilities will include analyzing credit risk, assessing credit history, approving or disapproving extensions of credit and assisting the credit manager with regular monitoring of credit exposure. The person in this role will make credit decisions on the release of orders and in setting up customer credit limits.
RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Establish customer credit limits including applications, financial statement review, prioritizing accounts, gathering additional information and follow-up. Interacting with management, sales, and credit insurance company.
- Perform financial analysis to opine on financial stability and creditworthiness of new and existing customers.
- Analyze credit risks for high-profile accounts and complex credit situations and present information and financial analysis to upper management to assist in decision making.
- Approval of discretionary credit limits in accordance with credit insurance policy.
- Preparation and review of special buyer credit limit applications.
- Analyze risk for requests to exceed credit limits, including preparation and review of timeline analysis and present to management.
- Assist in the preparation of weekly exposure reporting for upper management.
- Calculate and/or review monthly interest charges on past due accounts, as needed
- Prepare credit summaries on buyers including an analysis of financial statements for presentations to management.
- Perform regular monitoring of country and business risks.
- Prepare necessary monthly reporting, as needed
- Assist with year end audit requests.
- Special projects and assignments as business dictates.
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors Degree
- 1-2 Years Public Accounting or Due Diligence Experience
- Proficient in computer applications.
- Detail Oriented
- Ability to meet all deadlines.
- Sitting for extended periods of time
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and other computing equipment
- The employee frequently is required to talk or hear
- The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Fast paced office environment
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
This company is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.