For more than 160 years, The Hanover has been committed to delivering on our promises and being there when it matters the most. We live our values every day, demonstrating we CARE.
Our Finance team is currently seeking a Senior Financial Analyst in our Worcester, MA or Windsor, CT location.
The Hanover has adopted a hybrid work model with a flexible work week that allows for 2 or 3 days of remote work each week with the balance of time being in the office.
This is a full time, exempt role.
This role within the Specialty Business Finance Group will operate with independence assisting/leading Finance functions primarily for the Hanover Programs Specialty Segment. Responsible for monthly internal financial analysis and reporting, planning and forecasting, and financial modeling in support of Program renewals and new business. Partner and collaborate with business partners to help develop and achieve strategic goals.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
Develops, interprets, and implements complex financial and accounting concepts, or techniques for financial planning and control, by performing the following duties.
- Analyzes financial information to determine present and future financial performance, summarizes results for internal Management reporting.
- Assists organization in the development of the budget, planning, and other corporate financial requirements.
- Develops and maintains financial models in support of forecasting, planning, and Program renewals.
- Supports and utilizes planning and reporting tools, such as Hyperion, Excel, PowerPoint and Power BI.
- Coordinates with all levels of management to gather, analyze, summarize, and prepare recommendations regarding financial plans, acquisition activity, new business planning, trended future requirements, government requirements, and operating forecasts.
- Identifies trends and recommends improvements accordingly.
- Evaluates complex profit plans, operating records, and financial statements.
- Conducts special studies to analyze complex financial actions and prepares recommendations for policy, procedure, control, or action.
- Provides interpretation of financial policies, governmental legislation, accounting theory, or customer financial regulations.
- Directs preparation of studies, reports, and analyses in areas such as budgets, forecasts, financial plans, governmental requirements, statistical reports, cash flow projections, and business forecasts.
- Interprets and applies corporate financial policies, government legislation, and accounting theory.
- Makes recommendations to management regarding cost saving or profit generating opportunities and profitability improvement strategies.
WHAT YOU NEED TO APPLY:
- Minimum of at least 6 years related experience.
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred or equivalent experience. Higher level degree may be desired.
- Possesses and applies a comprehensive knowledge of particular field of specialization to the completion of difficult assignments.
- May have accountability for a specific function(s) within discipline.
This job posting provides cursory examples of some of the job duties associated with this position. The examples provided are not complete, and the position may entail other essential and job-related functions and responsibilities that employees will be required to perform.
It’s not just a job, it’s a career, and we are here to support you every step of the way. We want you to be successful and fulfilled. Through on-the-job experiences, personalized coaching and our robust learning and development programs, we encourage you – at every level – to grow and develop.
We offer comprehensive benefits to help you be healthy, build financial security, and balance work and home life. At The Hanover, you’ll enjoy what you do and have the support you need to succeed. Benefits include:
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
- 401K with a company match
- Tuition reimbursement
- 9 company holidays
- Flexible work arrangements
- On-site medical/wellness center (Worcester only)