For more than 160 years, The Hanover has been committed to delivering on our promises and being there when it matters the most. We live our values every day, demonstrating we CARE.
Our Business Finance team is currently seeking a Financial Analyst in our Worcester, MA location.
The Hanover has adopted a hybrid work model with a flexible work week that allows for 2 or 3 days of remote work each week with the balance of time being in the office.
This is a full time, exempt role.
Working in a business-interfacing finance role, providing financial analysis and consultative support to the +$4.8B Personal and Commercial Lines segments at The Hanover. Researches variances and identifies emerging trends with the business; presents findings to Management.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
- Monthly Reporting – Coordinate monthly bookclose process and financial reporting requirements. Act as liaison with Segment Financial Officers and Accounting teams.
- Analysis & Interpretation – Analyze financial information to understand trends and variance drivers within each business and impact to overall division results.
- Presentations – Able to pull together financial information and summarize in a concise manner to report to senior management.
- Planning & Forecasting – Coordinate and support annual financial planning cycle with business partners and financial team.
- Makes recommendations to management regarding process improvements, data analytics and reporting capabilities.
- Support adhoc requests from senior management.
- Project Management – Responsible for individual projects from initiation through completion, collaborating with teams outside area.
WHAT YOU NEED TO APPLY:
- 1-4+ years of related experience in finance/accounting positions.
- Prior financial reporting and planning experience preferred.
- Possesses and applies knowledge of financial analysis principles and practices.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to handle competing priorities simultaneously.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Powerpoint) required.
- Oracle Hyperion/IBM Cognos / Essbase experience strongly preferred.
- P&C insurance experience not required, but preferred.
This job posting provides cursory examples of some of the job duties associated with this position. The examples provided are not complete, and the position may entail other essential and job-related functions and responsibilities that employees will be required to perform.
It’s not just a job, it’s a career, and we are here to support you every step of the way. We want you to be successful and fulfilled. Through on-the-job experiences, personalized coaching and our robust learning and development programs, we encourage you – at every level – to grow and develop.
We offer comprehensive benefits to help you be healthy, build financial security, and balance work and home life. At The Hanover, you’ll enjoy what you do and have the support you need to succeed. Benefits include:
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
- 401K with a company match
- Tuition reimbursement
- 9 company holidays
- Flexible work arrangements
- On-site medical/wellness center (Worcester only)