About The Conference Board:
Founded in 1916, The Conference Board is the member-driven think tank that delivers trusted insights for what’s ahead. Our agenda is simple: to help leaders navigate the biggest issues facing business and better serve society. We believe in innovative approaches that make you think- and act- differently. And everything we do reflects the input of our members and their real-world challenges.
We do this by delivering business insights. We connect senior executives across industries and geographies to share ideas, and our experts create fact-based research and consensus-driven policy statements to help leaders address their most important business issues. Because we are independent, non-partisan, and non-profit our work is trusted. If you learned it at The Conference Board you can count on it.
As a Member Development Executive (MDE) you will serve as an integral part of TCB’s new business development team. The MDE position is a “hunter” role with a primary focus on new client acquisition as well as expanding relationships within existing accounts. As a key revenue contributor within the organization, you will have unlimited support via your direct manager, a world-class lead development team and enthusiastic high-level management.
Additionally, the commission plan is uncapped – allowing you to overachieve and get paid for your hard work!
- Directly responsible for obtaining an individual annual quota.
- Gain a strong knowledge of TCB’s products and services and leverage this insight to sell new engagement packages.
- Professionally communicate individualized proposals to prospective clients, highlighting TCB’s core values and value proposition.
- Work directly with TCB’s Member Development and Council team to seamlessly onboard new clients.
- Fully leverage social media, thought leadership content and economic/research insights to expand TCB’s global footprint and positively represent our brand.
This Positions Offers:
- Base salary plus uncapped commission plan and additional bonus potential
- Flexible work schedules allowing for work/life integration
- Remote work option available for employees outside the NYC area
- Competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, generous retirement program, and more
- Robust onboarding and top-notch training program for new team members
- The opportunity to leverage your experience and learn from tenured experts to grow and expand your skills
- Annual team kick-off retreat in January with team building, training, and fun team activities
- Ability to join a smart team that enjoys helping one another to succeed
Experience, Knowledge and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 2 years in a revenue generating position.
- A strong understanding of business acumen, corporate communication, strategic thinking, and consultative sales strategy is a must.
- Ability to cultivate relationships across all internal departments and functions at TCB with the main objective to propel business goals at the corporate level.
- Knowledge and experience with the Sandler Sales Methodology and/or The Challenger Sale is preferred.
- Knowledge of Sugar and Outreach is a plus.
- A strong understanding of B2B social selling and thought leadership is highly regarded.
- Ability to have fun with a collaborative team!