Chemours is seeking a Postdoctoral Researcher to join our Advanced Performance Materials technical team as we work to enable the Hydrogen Economy! This position will report to the Chief of Staff Technology at our state-of-the-art research facility, the Chemours Discovery Hub, in Newark, Delaware.
The Postdoctoral researcher will work on fundamental research in critical areas focused on enabling the hydrogen economy by working with National Laboratories, Academic Leaders and Industrial partners on federally funded research projects. This is a critical role to drive the consortia projects and to learn key fundamentals that can be used to develop leading products to enable the Hydrogen Economy.
Research areas include novel polymer chemistry and architecture, electrochemical devices, and structure property relationships.
Location: Newark, DE
Hours: Regular full-time
Preferred Term: 2 years
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Work with the global collaborators on meeting project milestones
- Own the completion of the Chemours commitments
- Ensure that we meet the go/no go milestones
- Communicate key learnings with the broader technical team
- Work with broader technical team on other new product development by bringing in leading technology and thinking
- Authoring additional collaboration proposals
- Writing technical reports, papers, and patents
- Set up testing equipment required to meet the milestones
The following is required for this role:
- PhD in chemistry, electrochemistry, material science or engineering
- Demonstrated expertise in polymers and/or electrochemistry, especially related to ion exchange membrane devices
- Experience in at least one area within: polymer kinetics or structure/property relationships, membrane, catalyst, or electrode layer fundamental studies
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Track record of achieving results through publications and/or patents
The following is preferred for this role:
- Experience working on federally funded projects
- Experience in Fuel Cells or Water Electrolysis
- Competitive Compensation
- Paid Time Off
- Comprehensive Benefits Packages
- 401(k) Match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Commuter Benefits
- Learning and Development Opportunities
- Strong Inclusion and Diversity Initiatives
- Company-paid Volunteer Days
- Temporary Housing Assistance
WE’RE CHEMOURS. A DIFFERENT KIND OF CHEMISTRY COMPANY.
We are driven by our purpose to create a more colorful, capable, and cleaner world through the power of chemistry.
Built upon a 200-year-old legacy and a world-class product portfolio, we bring everyday convenience to virtually everything people touch—in industries ranging from automotive, paints, and plastics to electronics, construction, energy, and telecommunications. We bring solutions that are better, safer, more reliable, and more sustainable, through the power of chemistry.
We see our people as our biggest assets. Instead of focusing just on what our employees do each day, we look at how they do it. By taking a different approach to talent development, employee engagement, and culture, our goal is to empower employees to be their best selves—at Chemours and in life.
The “ours” in Chemours represents everyone who works here. We’re thousands strong and always looking for the best and brightest to join our team.
Five fundamental, foundational values form the substructure of our culture as a multinational
corporation. They are core beliefs that guide and frame both our behaviors and our aspirations.
Our values are in part what differentiate us from others, making us uniquely Chemours.
They are—Customer Centered, Refreshing Simplicity, Collective Entrepreneurship,
Safety Obsession, and Unshakable Integrity. At Chemours, our values are where everything begins.
We were honored to be named a “Great Place to Work-Certified Company” for 2018 and 2019—our second consecutive year. We were also proud to receive a Gold Medallion Award from the U.S. Department of Labor’s HIRE VETS program in 2019.