Center School (Holyoke, MA) invites applicants for the position of Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse. RN applicants must be licensed as a Registered Nurse by the MA Board of Registration in Nursing; Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree preferred; experience working with children with moderate to severe special needs is preferred. LPN applicants must be a graduate of an accredited LPN program and be licensed as an LPN by the MA Board of Registration in Nursing; experience working with children with moderate to severe special needs is preferred. While we are seeking a full time candidate, 7:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, hours can be flexible during the school day to include FT, PT or Per Diem work.
Position Responsibilities for both roles can include, but are not limited to:
1. Provides and/or oversees the administration of medication.
2. Provides and/or oversees first aid/medical treatment for students; coordinates with case manager and parent/guardian any need for follow up treatment.
3. Provides emergency first aid for work related staff injury and recommends appropriate medical follow up.
4. Provides mandated periodic student health screening assessments.
5. Views students after physical restraint and records/maintains appropriate documentation.
6. Maintains student health records and ensures that records are complete and up to date.
7. Writes Individual Health Plans as indicated and provides relevant information to staff to assist in students’ care.
8. Submits written nursing reports for individual students, as requested.
9. Maintains contact with health care providers and school staff as indicated.
10. Participates in supervision and maintains a commitment to professional development.
11. Remains current and knowledgeable in all federal and state regulations, including Department of Public Health and DESE, and assures that school’s health care policies and procedures are consistent with regulations.
12. Maintains professional licensure and participates in conferences, workshops or other courses for professional development.
13. Facilitates the dissemination of student information through participation in morning and afternoon meetings, as needed.
14. Liaisons with outside agencies and authorities, including medical providers and school district personnel, and represents school in a professional manner at community meetings and events, as requested.
**Please note that candidates who are offered employment will be subject to background screening, to include: CORI, SORI, DCF and SAFIS (Fingerprinting) checks**