Boston Globe Media (BGM) is seeking an Executive Director, Strategic Marketing and Growth Audiences to join our Marketing organization. In this newly created role, you will be a key member of the team driving consumer acquisition, engagement and retention strategy with a focus on new and growth audiences. Additionally, you will amplify our brand marketing strategy by sourcing new vendors, technology and agency partners. You would self -describe as both left and right brain, and comfortably exist at the intersection of science, art, data and branding.
As BGM approaches its 150th Anniversary, we will continue to deliver world-class journalism-through traditional and new means to our loyal subscribers, while inviting new audiences to experience the same. The Executive Director, Strategic Marketing and Growth Audiences will drive the strategic and tactical plan for this effort.
The position reports to, and partners with, the Chief Marketing Officer. The role will also work closely with the Director of Brand Marketing.
- Develop strategic plan to grow new audiences (Millennial, Multicultural, LGBTQ)
- Collaborate with Consumer Revenue, Marketing and Customer Service teams on acquisition and retention optimization strategies
- Lead the development and execution of omnichannel media planning
- Lead RFP process, evaluation and strategic design of vendor selection
- Create, track and report campaign progress briefs, budget and media channel allocation
- Liaise with various internal departments (Branding, Research, Newsroom, Legal, Communications, Ad Sales and Events) to ensure cohesive collaboration
- Represent BGM at designated industry events as a thought-leader panelist/speaker
- 8-10+ years’ experience in consumer marketing, media and/or subscription-based
- Experience in/knowledge of DEI and multicultural marketing strategy
- Solid understanding of paid omnichannel media landscape, particularly digital and social
- Experience in using research, insights and data to drive and iterate on marketing campaigns
- Experience working cross-functionally (consumer revenue, newsroom, technology, PR etc.)
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- A very collaborative, curious and creative self-starter
- Highly organized and strategic, yet agile and attentive to detail
- Positive energy and pleasant (genuine!) demeanor
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Highly proficient in Power Point, Word and Excel
Please include a cover letter with your resume.
Boston Globe Media Partners LLC is an equal employment opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, national origin, citizenship or any other protected characteristic.