Disclaimer: This position is expected to start around August or September 2021 and continue through the entire Fall term (i.e. through December/January) or into early Spring 2022 if available. We ask for a minimum of 12 weeks, full-time, for most internships. Please consider before submitting an application.
International Students: If your work authorization is through CPT, please consult your school before applying. You must be able to work 40 hours per week. Many students will be limited to part-time depending on their academic standing.
Internship Program at Tesla
The Internship Recruiting Team is driven by the passion to recognize emerging talent. Our year around program places the best students in positions that they will grow both technically and personally through their experience working closely with their Manager, Mentor, and team. We are dedicated to providing an experience that allows for the intern to experience life at Tesla by given them projects that are critical to their team’s success.
Instead of going on coffee runs and making copies, you’ll be seated at the table making critical decisions that will influence not only your team, but the overall achievement of Tesla’s mission.
- Fremont, CA
- Palo Alto, CA
- Reno, NV
About the Team
As an intern you will partner with experienced IT infrastructure and automation engineers to help design, build, and manage the underlying infrastructure that runs various services for all business units.
IT Infrastructure Departments
• Core Infrastructure
• Production Infrastructure
• IT Database Platform
• Engineering IT
• Site Reliability Engineering
• IT Manufacturing Support
• Design, provision & manage core systems, data center & load balancing infrastructure 24/7/365 for all business units in Tesla globally
• Work as a platform engineer resolving complex infrastructure issues working on multitude of technologies simultaneously
• Architect, design and deliver globally scalable Database platform that can support self-service by internal customers
• Provisioning via automation including operational aspects such as backup, monitoring, and supporting on boarded Applications for tuning, DB refreshes via automation and provide consultancy as needed
• Act as primary support contact for network operations support issues and requests at Tesla data center, HQ locations, retail stores, and factories worldwide
• Problem solve network, compute, data bases, storage, and public private cloud issues
• Currently working towards a BS, MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, Information Systems)
• Experience with configuration management systems such as Ansible, Puppet or Terraform is an advantage
• Knowledge of TCP/IP, Linux operating system internals, file systems, disk/storage technologies and storage protocols
• Knowledge on container-based workloads, using Kubernetes or other orchestration software
• Proficiency in a high-level language like Python, Go, Ruby and/or Java
• Knowledge with Ticketing systems
• You must be self-managed and committed to working in a fast-paced environment
• Professional and positive communication skills
• Previous internship and/or project experience is a plus
• This role is based out of Fremont, CA so must be open to relocation