Disclaimer: This position is expected to start around August or September 2021 and continue through the entire Fall term (i.e. through December/January) or into early Spring 2022 if available. We ask for a minimum of 12 weeks, full-time, for most internships. Please consider before submitting an application.
International Students: If your work authorization is through CPT, please consult your school before applying. You must be able to work 40 hours per week. Many students will be limited to part-time depending on their academic standing.
Internship Program at Tesla
The Internship Recruiting Team is driven by the passion to recognize emerging talent. Our year around program places the best students in positions that they will grow both technically and personally through their experience working closely with their Manager, Mentor, and team. We are dedicated to providing an experience that allows for the intern to experience life at Tesla by given them projects that are critical to their team’s success.
Instead of going on coffee runs and making copies, you’ll be seated at the table making critical decisions that will influence not only your team, but the overall achievement of Tesla’s mission.
• Fremont, CA
About the Team
Tesla is looking for talented, highly motivated university students for our Information Security team to help increase the security posture across Tesla. Our future talent will be interns as Information Security Engineers, Program Managers and Technology Program Managers in training. You will wear many hats as you jump in a fast- paced environment and produce results.
• IT Governance Risk & Compliance
• Security Engineering
• Detection & Incident Response
• Technical Program Management
• Provide security monitoring and incident response services supporting the mission to protect Tesla
• Assist in IT compliance risk assessment process to determine scoping for financial relevant systems
• Partner with team to perform IT SOX walk-through’s to provide understanding of IT controls
• Partner alongside team members to draft InfoSec policies and build accompanying roll-out plans for technical implementation
• Document and formalize processes into Tesla Gold Standards that can be applied globally in our Information Security Standardization process
• Build dashboards to capture and present OKRs and KPIs across the teams to report-out progress
• Build and structure internal communication sites to better educate our partners across Tesla of who we are and what we do
• Identify additional areas of opportunity and means for knowledge sharing practices across teams
• Currently has, or is in the process of obtaining a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, or relevant technical field experience in a security domain
• Knowledge of BI tooling such as Tableau, Power BI
• Understanding Atlassian Products such as Confluence, JIRA
• Effectively communicate through Microsoft 360 suite and DLP solutions such as OneDrive, Outlook, Sharepoint, Teams, AIP, InTune
• Familiar with Risk assessment framework
• Knowledgeable in different layers of security such as Network Security, Application security, Data security and policy prevention management
• Previous internship and/or PMI certificate or program management experience is a plus
• Previous internship and/or project experience is a plus