The Financial Analyst analyzes and interprets financial and operating data for business planning and operations management. This position is accountable for providing accurately and timely pre-defined financial reports and detailed analysis on business performance. This role is critical for functional departmental objectives to be met such as forecasting accuracy, functional organizational goals, other internal metrics, etc. This role requires close interaction with peers within Finance (FP&A, SG&A, Accounting) as well as functional business leaders.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities Required [Finance]:
• Provides analytical support and review to management to include P&L projections/forecasts, budgeting, and/or account analysis related to specific areas of the business. (50%)
• Develops financial reports for forecasting, trending, and narrative results analysis for management. (20%)
• Develops and distributes standard and ad-hoc monthly reporting. (10%)
• Assists with the development, preparation, and presentation of short- and long-range financial plans. (10%)
• Responds to written and verbal ad-hoc information requests from internal customers and others as assigned. (10%)
Other Duties & Responsibilities:
• Additional duties as assigned
• Meets attendance and punctuality standards
• 1 to 3 Years of relevant work experience.
Education & Certifications:
• Bachelor’s Degree with Finance/Business/Economics of study required.
• Other Education / Certifications: Proficiency in excel, preferably BI knowledge.
• Occasional non-standard work hours or overtime as business requires.
• Professional, office environment.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Able to execute instructions and to request clarification when needed.
• Able to communicate clearly and convey necessary information.
• Able to create and conduct formal presentations.
• Able to interact effectively with all levels of management.
• Able to constructively work under stress and pressure when faced with high workloads and deadlines.
• Able to maintain and promote social, ethical, and organizational standards in conducting internal and external business activities.
• Able to work independently with minimum supervision.
• Able to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
• Able to build solid, effective working relationships with others.
• Able to exhibit ability to be sensitive to the needs, concerns, and feelings of others.
• Able to quickly learn new systems and technology.
• Able to use relevant computer system applications at an advanced level.
Cultural Competency Requirements:
- Within Tech Data diversity is one of our fundamental shared values. We are a multi-cultural environment and we pride ourselves on being a welcoming place of work where we celebrate inclusion and champion people from a multitude of backgrounds.