USA – New Jersey – Newark, USA – New York – New York City
Job Description and Requirements
Associate Security Consultant joins in the execution and delivery of planned project deliverables and milestones that assist clients. As Synopsys engages with clients in the application of our software security improvement methodologies, you will assist clients with learning, understanding, and applying Synopsys’s secure software development methodologies.
- You will be responsible for applying software engineering skills to assist teams in the completion of client engagements.
- Typical tasks span activities in the software development lifecycle including requirements analysis, development, testing, debugging, and examination of software.
- You will employ sound communication skills interacting with clients to understand problems and provide solutions.
- You will often be responsible for writing data results in sections of final reports as part of deliverables to clients.
- Source Code Analysis
- Software Penetration Testing
- Architecture Security Analysis
- Secure Software Design and Architecture
- Application Reverse Engineering
- Network Security Analysis
- Database Security Analysis
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent, Master’s Degree preferred.
- Familiarity with software security weakness, vulnerability and secure code review.
- Familiarity with software attack and exploitation techniques a plus.
- Familiarity with at least one software programming language and framework a plus.
- Experience with.NET, Java, multiple OS and RDBMS.
- Experience conducting secure code review a plus.
- Ability to collaborate with project team members, take direction from the project manager and execute tasks consistently.
- Written communication skills for use in preparing formal documentation.
- Verbal skills that include the ability to clearly articulate thoughts and to deliver presentations.
- Enthusiasm and commitment along with professional interpersonal skills and an entrepreneurial drive.
- Willingness to travel 20-50%.
Synopsys Software Integrity Group was named a leader for 2020 in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Application Security Testing (AST) in recognition of our vision and ability to execute. Security and risk management leaders will need to meet tighter deadlines and test more-complex applications by integrating and automating AST in the software life cycle eliminating risk before it puts them at risk. Every business runs on software, and defects in software create risk. We’ve curated the most powerful products and services to create one comprehensive platform that enables our customers to detect and remediate defects across their entire SDLC. Learn more: https://www.synopsys.com/software-integrity.html
At Synopsys, we’re at the heart of the innovations that change the way we work and play. Self-driving cars. Artificial Intelligence. The cloud. 5G. The Internet of Things. These breakthroughs are ushering in the Era of Smart Everything. And we’re powering it all with the world’s most advanced technologies for chip design and software security. If you share our passion for innovation, we want to meet you.
Inclusion and Diversity are important to us. Synopsys considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, military veteran status, or disability.
Software Security Consulting