SEG provides total engineering and architectural design solutions to an enviable list of the top state/national commercial, retail, healthcare, educational, and industrial clients. SEG is seeking professionals with research backgrounds in the smart infrastructure field and experience in engineering (including civil, utility, mechanical, electrical, and/or transportation), who may help them integrate smart city principles into their daily civil engineering work. SEG’s focus is currently focused on integrating smart technologies into water/wastewater infrastructure design, construction, and maintenance, and we are working to expand into a wider field of utility infrastructure.
We are growing and offer exciting career opportunities for individuals that embrace culture and a wonderful team environment. Our compensation package is competitive; our benefits and retirement programs are comprehensive, and our paid time off is very generous.
Our work culture is relaxed and casual – focused on employee development and advancement. We are a stable and successful firm driven by talented and passionate professionals and led by strong and sound leadership.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- A research background and experience in the smart technology, smart cities, smart infrastructure, or related field with the ability to collect, analyze, present, and interpret data and case studies.
- Technical experience or education, preferably in an engineering field related to civil, water, wastewater or other infrastructure related discipline.
- A desire to integrate research and innovative technologies into real world civil engineering projects through design, analysis, construction and maintenance tasks.
- An innovative mind set to identify opportunities for potential smart infrastructure integration.
- An independent working style and high initiative to promote coordination and collaboratation.
Research Analysts’ Essential Competencies & Skills:
- Mathematics and statistics skills to work with the data and develop models.
- Ability to recognize patterns to find useful information in the data that’s sometimes unstructured.
- Research, fact-checking and validation skills to ensure valid data sources and verify accuracy.
- Analytical and critical thinking skills to find value and understand what’s in the data.
- Communication, presentation and writing skills to present findings derived from the data.
- Focus and organization to work on multiple tasks and projects · Interpersonal skills to build relationships with team members and stakeholders.
- Forecasting to determine future trends, often presented in charts, infographics and other visual-aids.
- Problem-solving to address the challenges of data collection and analysis, as well as help guide decision-makers toward solutions that resolve issues revealed in the data.
SEG’s Total Compensation Package:
- A competitive compensation package including annual performance bonus eligibility.
- 401(k) along with enrollment in an annual Profit Sharing plan.
- Benefits package including Medical, Dental, and Vision.
- Paid time off that increases with years of service.
- Gym membership subsidies.